Is Sephiroth and Cloud FFVII?

clief101_

1st class SOLDIER
Member
Joined
May 12, 2006
Messages
1,900
Age
36
Location
Northern Crater (Australia)
Occupation
Ex-Mercanary (Woolworths)
RPG Name
Clief
Okay, so everyone knows who Cloud and Sephiroth are. but dus any1 else think that these 2 alone created FFVII?

I think that they have, on the basis from the character build up of them both, we know the history of both characters, and why cloud is out to get sephiroth.

also, i think i speak 4 every1 wen i say the cloud and sephiroth r the greatest protaganist and antagonist throughout final fantasy. their rivalry i guess u could call it, is the basis of FFVII

im just wondering if anyone shares my oppinion, or if not, sujest what they think made FFVII wat it is and y its so well known
 
Well it wasn't JUST Cloud that had it out for Sephiroth...although, I'm pretty sure Square could have easily turned the plot into something similar to Crisis Core (just based off of what I've read of the script.) Still, it was everyone working together in the end to not only right Cloud's history, but also settle their memories of Aerith in their hearts. The death of a playable character (that you either loved or hated) is one of the other landmark of the VII story that was vital to the playability of the game in my opinion.
 
thats true. but still, my point remains, i dont think FFVII would have been anywhere near as successful without these two characters. i mean, one of the 1st things anyone thinks of when thinking about this game is these two characters, right?

and in AC sephiroth is actualy out to get get cloud....wel, fair enough, he happens to be the only person he see's, but he is enjoying tormenting cloud.

i realy believe that without these two characters FFVII wouldnt be as big today as it is.

if you look at VIII, there isnt any rivalry, except for maybe squall and seifer, but that doesnt last, and isnt very big in the storyline itself.

IX kinda does, but not to the degree that VII does
 
I don't think that's true, when I think of FFVII, the thought of Shinra and Materia and dying planet flies into my mind. Sure, Cloud and Sephy made the game lots more famous than if it didn't have them at all, but people don't think past the picture. Cloud is famous because he was the main character, the center of attantion, 80 game hours of just Cloud. And Sephy is famous because he's the center of attention for the female otakus. xD

To be honest, I kinda disrespect Cloud and Sephy because EVERYONE else like them so much. When I first bought Dissidia, I couldn't use them. I was afraid that I'd be good with them and spam them like everyone else does. >_> (Instead I went with Tidus and Terra. ^-^) But I digress.

I think the game is mostly famous for it's storyline and depth more than just because Cloud and Sephy are in it. What do you think?
 
What is the female otakus? And yea i'll probably train myself in Firion and Ultimecia or something. But definitley not Cloud or Sephiroth like you said. Everyone would use them.

Yea FFVII wouldn't be like its is without Cloud & Sephiroth but Aeris/Aerith (Aeris to me) is a big part of it. If she hadn't of died, she could've been annoying as Selphie.
 
Otaku = Anime Geek in Japanese.

And Aerith/Aeris' name all depends on which game you played first, In VII, she's Aeris, but in CC she's Aerith. :P I liked CC better, so I just call her Aerith.

the person who posted before the great TxR said:
she could've been annoying as Selphie.
Let's not muddy her up TOO much, here dude. lol
 
Otaku = Anime Geek in Japanese.

And Aerith/Aeris' name all depends on which game you played first, In VII, she's Aeris, but in CC she's Aerith. :P I liked CC better, so I just call her Aerith.

it can be either 1, its supposed to be aerith, but was translated wrong. th and s are the same in japanese.

you make good points really :) thanx

oh, and i use every1 in dissidia, well i try to anyway...i will admit, i have used cloud most XD
 
clief101_ said:
th and s are the same in japanese.
I feel ashamed for not realizing that. lol

And you're welcome, I think? It's just how my head works, when someone asks me a question, I just think about it, then answer in the most "break it down" way I can. lol

As for Dissidia, I use everyone too, even Cloud, I just try to keep out of crowds as best I can. :P
 
it used be aeris to me for a long time, but after playing both KH1!&2 and also crisis core, ive jus come accustomed to aerith
 
Aerith is somehow easier to say to most people. It depends on the kind of person you are, my friend in Psychology says it deals with how you look at her. If she seems like a strong person and she speaks out to you, then a "th" would be your automatic name for her. And if she seems kind of concealed or repressed, then "s" is more your type.

I don't particularly agree with it, but Psychology is a lot deeper than I can handle. lol
 
i dont see how that could change how u say her name. its just wat ur used to and wat u know? just like how u would pronounce a name of someone else?
 
haha, yes. have you noticed that her name is never said in AC...tifa says "i knew you were there", but no-one says her name
 
It'd be worth it though...well maybe...i dunno if i could sit there for hours watching one fight scene...maybe just half n hour or an hour.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top