Just got X-2 yesterday...

UGH!

Shaggy, the last few posts have all been about FFT, not X-2. We got sidetracked because I mentioned the guide I'm working on.

Anyway, you can't get anyone other than the three girls in X-2. But as the game progresses you get more powerful dresspheres (Mascot, anyone?) so it helps out a lot. You should keep Paine as a physical fighter - she has high strength. Dark Knight is the perfect class for her, if you get it.

And to Xero, let's recap the whole Cloud-In-FFT situation:
- You get him when there's only about five battles left IN THE ENTIRE GAME.
- He starts at level one while your other characters should be about level 40-50.
- The Materia Blade has sucky attack power but it's required to use his abilities.
- His abilities take forever to execute and the enemy can just move one square and be unaffected.

How can you consider him even remotely good in FFT?

Once again, Shaggy, I apologize for turning this topic into an argument about Cloud's usefulness in Tactics. I move that we forget about Tactics and only offer advice for X-2 for Shaggy in this thread from now on. Anyone second the motion?
 
Sorry to ruin your chat about Cloud in FFT...(cough...he sucked...cough) excuse me, but is X-2 worth buying if you haven't played it. I know that a couple of you completely dislike the endings...and to me if the ending sucks it will ruin a game...so please advise me on if I should buy this or not.
p.s. Cloud is only god in FF7 behind Yuffie and Cid
 
ffx2 i think u should rent it 1st 2 c how u like it because i liked it but i dont think it was worth 50 dollar buy something lik 15 to 25 is ok but anymore and its not worth it
 
In most places ffx-2 is like 29.99, and for that kind of money, yes it's worth buying. The replay value is pretty good, and you can choose whether to make the game 40+ hours, or play a shortened version where you don't do any of the secrets.
I still enjoyed it, because its FF, and yes the ending wasn't the best, but the gameplay is still pretty solid
 
The game is amusing, I guess I never got very far because I laughed at it too much, lets face it it was a pretty corny game. Fun but really really Corny
 
In FFX-2 i like the Beserker and Dark Knight jobs the best.....
 
I like it much but it is not the best game i seen...
 
Hi All *waves*

I've had FF X-2 for a while now and completed it the whole way through (95%) and i didn't find the game sexist or a waste of money at all. it was a good follow up (only wish the battle style had stayedthe same as in X) the storyline went in depth into Yuna, Rikku and Paine; we found out a bit more and revisited old characters.

Considering that Brother is the leader of the gullwings and both Buddy and Shinra have their input as much as the girls, i DON'T consider it sexist! it does try to bring things up to level pegging and try to someowhat show some young and empowetred females; but it's by no means sexist!

the story does answer a lot of things left over from X, and i felt that was one of hte major goals of the game, and it did that well.

I'm not really one to care about other people trash talking, do what you feel is best.... but i at least liked and enjoyed the game and felt that it was a good way to tie off the loose ends of X.

but that's just my opinion...

later...
 
I payed a tenner for my copy of 10 part 2 but have yet to start playing it. I am still playing 10 at the moment so I will comment when I get round to playing it
 
After playing it time and time again, I realized that it's really like a bunch of mini-games with an RPG battle system tied into it.
 
but theres loads of ways you can go loads of paths that leed to the same place loads of different things you can do a very good game all together not the best final fantasy though
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top