Just got X-2 yesterday...

It's good until you beat it, and then you say "Wow, I actually paid for this crap?" The ending is sub-par compared to most other endings (especially if you just get the regular ending; it's totally unfulfilling) and there is no way to justify getting 100% for the perfect ending, as it's just extraordinarily stupid. The good ending is decent, but the perfect ending sucks. Anyway, something you should watch out for:

EXTREMELY MINOR SPOILERS! (How to get the good ending, which is the only ending honestly WORTH getting)

At the end of chapter 3 you get knocked into the Farplane. When you have control of Yuna, press X a bunch of times until she chases something out of the Farplane. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE SCENE TO RESOLVE ITSELF! Then, at the end of the game, you'll have a cutscene of your characters walking through a field of flowers (this scene appears almost immediately after it says Chapter 5 Complete). Press X during this scene and answer the question in the affirmative (Yes, You bet, Sure, whatever it says because I'm not certain what it says exactly) to get the good ending. The good ending will automatically appear after the credits, I believe.
 
I got it a week after it came out and I never liked it very much :/
 
Girls tend to find this game extremely sexist because, well, it is. The story is sub-par and the class changing system sucks (I hate Garment Grids) but there was on item that made the story bearable for me. Equip Cat Nip on a Gunner, get critical, and use Trigger Happy. You can kill anything in one turn with that (well, except for the more powerful bosses in the Bevelle Cloister dungeon. They tend to resist anything. *nods towards Trema*) so it was fun to rip through Angra Mainyu at level 30 on my New Game Plus.
 
i love every ff game even this one because of the spa scene and because its was overall not that bad the garment grid wasnt that bad the people of squaresoft always try new stuff and if it fails i still lik it because it new (and by the way i got it the first day it came out like every new final fantasy hat comes out,even 11)
 
the catnip is one of the things that made the game worse if you ask me, it was to easy as it was without the cheapest iteam I have ever seen!
 
why him, i knew that to :P but nah, I dont wanna write a cheats section because I only ever cheat if i've tried something many times and failed, because i dislike cheating.
 
I don't mean to sound trollish, but I'm beginning to think that Xero here is a FF7 Fanboy. Besides his fanatical devotion to FF7, now learning about his fascination with Tactics, well...

Who did Square put in as a secret character for Tactics? Cloud Strife. Why did they put him in? A ploy to draw in FF7 Fanboys. I know several people who only played Tactics because they heard Cloud was in it, and he wasn't even that good of a character.
 
Well, how about this then? FF7 is probably my favourite game of all time, but I have never ever played Tactics. I've never even seen it in action. And I don't know anyone who owns the game.
 
go somewhere anywhere and buy this game and then get the greatest char ever cloud strife and dont foget his hidden materia sword u cant use his limits without it and u also get 2 c aerith
 
does it matter if he is a ff7 fan boy? I don't see the problem o_o
let us know what you think of ffx-2 when you get to the end shaggy ^^
 
I can't buy FF Tactics.. it was never officially released in Europe. I'd have to import it from the US, but I can't play imported games anyway. And not going to go through the hassle of fixing that.

The only way for me to play FF Tactics would be through an emulator with a downloaded iso-file of the game CD.
 
Cloud really isn't that good of a character. He's my third least favorite, the first two being Rafa and Malak. Cloud's Limits take forever to charge and don't lock onto an enemy like regular spells do, so an enemy could feasibly move out of the way before Cloud could hit them. Plus, Cloud can only use his Limit attacks when he has the Materia Blade equipped, and by that point in the game the Materia Blade is a really weak weapon.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top