Leave it to our generation to ask for emotional advice from 'strangers' via the internet. XD
I think I have a unique way of looking at things like this because of my background and my beliefs. My background: because I too was an internalizer - after my dad passed away, I really didn't have anyone else who was close to me. I had a difficult time expressing my feelings/emotions when I grew older due to a lack of experience with expressing them. This causes a LOT of havoc in your relationships...especially in a dating relationship. If you don't/can't understand and express yourself then you are not a complete person...and always look for another to complete you. My beliefs: because I'm captivated that a God who could create a universe as vast and surreal as ours could be interested enough in a speck of dust like ME, and He loves me enough to spend time with, understand,..even die for me. What's awesome is He's promised to be with me forever - so I don't have to go it alone...as a matter of fact, I don't think I could have dealt with my problems if I didn't believe what I believe. I know others will disagree with me and that's ok. I'm not saying YOU need to see things my way - just expressing that there is freedom that comes from it. Hope that helps.
BTW: We love you Crystal! <3