Leveling up quickly!

Phoenix Flame

Go Umbarbar do my bidding
Super Moderator
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
3,044
Location
By myself. It's lonely ;-;
Website
www.reasoniamalive.com
Occupation
Cardiac tech/lover ^^;
Always a good thing!

Unless you are going for a low-level run.

However, I began a new game and only leveled up Vaan for the first 8 hours or so. So, when new characters join as permanent party members. They are at - or a level or two above Vaan's current level.

Here's my stats:

1) 10.5 hours
2) All characters - level 25+
3) 1500 LP apiece.
4) Currently fighting the Mimic Queen.

The idea is to run through to the Tomb of King Raithwall.
 
I'm a bad boy. I've neglected my characters.

That is until recently. I believe I'm 15.5 hours into gameplay and at least 3 of my characters are at level 17. I'm out of the mines and going west of the Westersand (the place has a funny name and I can't remember it off of the top of my head).

I know Vaan is at level 9, Fran is at 11, and Penelo I believe is at 14. When I get playing done I'll go back to the mines for exp. Skeleton's drop bone fragments which sell at nearly 150 Gil each! Each skeleton is 105+ exp too. The chain possibilities are also unlimited.
 
reasoniamalive said:
Always a good thing!

Unless you are going for a low-level run.

However, I began a new game and only leveled up Vaan for the first 8 hours or so. So, when new characters join as permanent party members. They are at - or a level or two above Vaan's current level.

Here's my stats:

1) 10.5 hours
2) All characters - level 25+
3) 1500 LP apiece.
4) Currently fighting the Mimic Queen.

The idea is to run through to the Tomb of King Raithwall.

I wish I had done that. Instead of just fighting to level up, I fight only when I have to, therefore I'm not having an easier time as you probably are...(It took me 4 times to beat the Mimic Queen because my characters werent leveled up as they should have been.... -_-)

Now I've just beaten the first of the 5 Judges and I'm about to enter King Raithwall's tomb and preparing for two boss fights in there. The next time I'm in town I'll just head out to the wastelands just to fight and level up so future battles will be easy. I'll admit that I looked ahead and I know I have to be at least level 40 to beat Vayne at the end, but I want to get higher than that.
 
Garnet_Dagger said:
I wish I had done that. Instead of just fighting to level up, I fight only when I have to, therefore I'm not having an easier time as you probably are...(It took me 4 times to beat the Mimic Queen because my characters werent leveled up as they should have been.... -_-)

Now I've just beaten the first of the 5 Judges and I'm about to enter King Raithwall's tomb and preparing for two boss fights in there. The next time I'm in town I'll just head out to the wastelands just to fight and level up so future battles will be easy.


Up front - I just want to mention that you should have labeled your post [SPOILERS!!!] so that when other's read it, you don't ruin the surprise for them.

I'm now 27 or so hours in. All my characters are at or above lvl 30.
Equipment: 3X of Gold Armor, Golden shield, and Gold helmet. 6 Gold amulets - Double LP!!!! 1 Theif cuff - steal better items. Zodiac spear - currently equiped on Basch. 2x Deathbringer (+90 sword) - equiped on Ashe and Penelo currently.

I'm rushing through till I get done with some of the storyline at which point I'll backtrack and do everything I've been neglecting. Marks, side quests, etc.

Hope you are all enjoying the game - I know I am! :)
 
I'm doing everything at once. Well, as much as I'm consciously aware of. Still in the sandsea with about 19.5 hours of game play. Characters are 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21.
 
Wow everyone is way up there! I've been trying to level up slow because I know if I spent to much time leveling up then everything would be way to easy to fight.

My characters are in this range 10-15 and I'm at the Tomb of Raithwall.

I love a challenge
 
reasoniamalive said:
Good luck with the Demon Walls! <smiles.>

I was on level 18 the first time I fought them and got spanked!

<hint> Use MQs!!!

SPOILERS [Boss Fight] - HI-LITE FOR POST

I owned both walls hardcore. The first one scared the crap out of me and I used Quickenings immediately. I only had like a pitiful 4 hit combo and almost took him out completely.

On the second one, I waited until it was about to banish my character from battle and then finished it off with a Quickening combo.
 
I am also in the hunter's camp and i have been for about 45 hours. My characters are all at level 32, but they are going to need to be stronger i can tell. Elder Wyrm was hard! And I fought Judge Bergen wrong, but i still beat him.
 
Just got into Archades and did that stupid telegram game...<urk! Pointless NPC chit-chat drives me to drinkin.>

Gonna go back and open the sidequests I missed, as well as get my levels to 45 or so. Gotta luv respawning skeletons!

Oh! And I'm 38 hrs in, lvl 39.
 
you know is the best way to get experience go to the giant crystal in giruvegan on the top of it near the save crystal you can fight "forbidden" monsters as they spawn... you will get a lot of exp if you have a accesory that double experience.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top