Lvl or not lvl.

CiD

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
120
Age
38
Location
Some where what i would like to call.... Home
Occupation
School
RPG Name
CiD
I thought it was an interesting discussion in the favourite boss thread.

Wich is the best, to go lowlvl and dont get good stats and just consentrate on junctions and training up ap.

Or use GFs lvlstat+ to get good stats and beat the game when u are rly on high lvl?

Tell me experiences, and your opinion.
 
It's obviously better to stay at a low level and Junction appropriately (use Cards to get better magic, etc.) to go through the game, if you can. It's a bit more time consuming, but it makes the game a joke.
 
It really doesn't matter to me, my team is both well train and well junction.
 
Yes, but if you have low levels and good Junctions, the enemies will also stay at lower levels, while you still remain powerful. That's the main point of staying at low levels. :)
 
i just love training....i dont think i could go through the game without hitting at least lvl 99 lol im the kind a guy who will spend weeks just fighting in random battles to do devour on t-rexuars and stuff to get max stats even though it takes AGES lol
 
I usually play a low level game up to the part when you have to liberate balamb from galbadias controll. After that I go to the esthar desert and defeat tonnes of cactuars til my gfs have learned all there abilities.

I then equip all the gfs which have a stat improving junction on level up to a particular character then head to grandidi forest and then turn the other two characters to stone til the third character has reached level 99 with the stat junctions.

Once that character has reached level 99 I then switch the junctions over to one of the characters who are stone and then I remove the stone status but leave the other person who already is lvl99 in normal status and power level the next character up til they are at lv99.

I just keep repeating this till everyone is at level 99. You will find your characters base strength, magic, spirit or vitality (depending on which stats you chose to improve) to be roughly in the 160's (Without junctions).

For some reason which I dont know rinoa seems to gain alot more stats than everyone else when levelling up and her stats will be a little higher (roughly around the 170's)

I use the above method to become uber powerful plus I like the stronger enemies and the items you get. (ruby dragons being a good example).
 
You gotta do one thing to own the game, when u get Ragnarok go to cacataur Island and lvl up the GFs, then its straight away and draw magics on island closest to hell or heaven and then run away. The thing is you have to junction up your defence/vitality first and then its just plain easy. When u got the kickass magics you take the best magic and junction it on streanght so you max it out then take hastega/triple on speed and junction the GFs speed+ abilty and autohaste (I think its Carbuncle that has autohaste). Then u got a kickass warrior with super speed and super streangth.

My tip is to have lot of auras, and then buff up Squall and hes final Limitbreak (Lionheart) will hit the enemy 10 times for 9999 damage. I beated the crap out of Ultimecia this way.
Cards helps to ofc.
 
...I could never get through a Final Fantasy without being at a high level, let alone in FF8.

I balanced out ganing AP for my GF's and leveling up. Of course, until I got the Ragnarok I didn't really start to seriously level up...

<<;;
 
Yeah...it's important to train every while but not too much or slack off...just enough to improve reasonnably...
 
The first time I played this game I only really started to understand the junction system right at the end of the game. And I really struggled to beat ultimecia at the end as the battle was a long drawn out one with her blowing all my junctioned magic away one by one.

But the second time round when I figured out how you could manipulate the junction system to created godlike characters the game was a breeze to complete.

I had a similar experience with final fantasy 7 too. Sephiroth was hard for me to defeat the first time round as I had rushed through the game. Everyone was around level 30 and cloud was level 49.
 
hah, I recently leveled to 100 before meeting Ifrit!

Surprisingly it was more fun than boring to be in control of some battles
 
The game is easier if you stay low levels, mostly because low-level enemies don't have access to all their special skills (Ruby Dragons can't use Breath for example). And it gets ridicolously easy if you stay low levels until you have all stat bonus abilities and power level to level 100 with these equipped (like dappa posted about).

For some reason, I also find the random battles in FF8 horrendously boring and annoying compared to other FF games, so avoiding random battles (using Enc-None) and consequently staying low levels simply makes the game more enjoyable for me..
 
the fun is in discovering these high level special attacks!
 
Well I played through the game the first 2 times leveling a lot like I normally do in RPGs, and I remember dying to Breath among other things numerous times. There's nothing of that left to discover :D I don't feel like randoming in FF8 at all anymore (except for AP), it's just not as fun as in some other games. If I play FF8 today it's for following the story from the beginning to the end all over again (nostalgia! :)), doing side-quests and abusing limit breaks against bosses :) Last time I played was also aimed at defeating Omega Weapon for the first time, which I did :)
 
Well for me, I'd try junctionning somethin good to Spr coz that's how you'd reduce the damage or using shell against breath
Actually it's just a guest but the fun is in finding out
see :D
One of the things I loved the most about the monsters is their unique special attacks
some are just special attacks while others are limit breaks used only on low health
which is why I leveled up so much in the first place
As for random battles, other than bosses I feel that each monster has its own character (long story):
Take those with a clear elemental weakness like Bombs or Glacial Eyes
Another is those who rely on physical attacks like wendigos (so many diffrent physical attacks)
Another facsination is the blobra, did you know that each one has a RANDOM elemental weakness?
and there's fastitocalon who are weak against thunder when in underground
Malboros and Ochus who rely on status change attacks
Buels althought easy to hit physically they're pretty strong against magic!!!
the annoyingly smart imps
the wonderfull toramas who switch between physical and magical attacks
Giants and turtapods who have awesome vitality should be attacked with magic or Meltdown at least!
the list goes on..................................

To conclude, every monster has its own clear character!
 
Last edited:
Breath is entirely physical, so it's only Vit that counts, Spr won't matter :p 255 Vit and it will do less than 100 damage ;)
 
meh! i would've prefered to find out myself.......but i think u get my point ! ;)
 
Yep I do. It sounds like you haven't played the game as much as I have (which is only 4 or 5 times though :p), but I wouldn't know :)

And sorry for spoiling it heh.
 
hmmmmmm, good question. For me power-training always does the trick yet that seems to not be the case in FFVIII. I can't do much at the moment as i've lent it to a friend, who just loves it. I thought he might not, but you never know.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top