Lvl or not lvl.

heh, that cuz monsters lvl up as well when you do, they get special attacks, higher magics
so shadowheart might be right that it's easier to stay low level, but aside from missin alot of fun and challenges the monsters will drop non-rare items and have low magic levels makin it harder to find good magics and items
if you really want to power-level in ff8 checkout my golden tips in the information forum :D !
 
cool comic O_0


Mod edit: Please use the edit button at the bottom of your post to change/add/delete text from your previous posts instead of double or triple posting in threads. This hold true in all sections of the forum except Spamtastic. Thank you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I will still stick to my argument that powerlevelling on this game is better than lowlevel.

I really dont think the monsters get that much more powerful. Yeah I know they get higher stats and some newer attacks but magic in this game dont do alot of damage anyway unless you are rinoa. If you get a 255 for defence, no ammount of stat changes in strength for monsters are gonna hurt you anyway.
 
First time I played it I tried not to use any walkthroughs, and therefore didn't have many GFs, also couldn't figure out the card game so didn't have many items, so it was all about junctioning, but i hadn't found the Islands closest to...s yet so there wasn't much to junction, and Ultimacia was very very hard, in the end everyone was absorbed into time except Squall and Quistis, which I thought was lovely as they were the two that started it all together .

Second time I played I got everything, all GFs, all tough magics on 100 for all characters, and it was fun that way too, though it meant Ultimacia was a bit of a push-over, she's still the hardest FF boss.. Cept for Sin (european) still haven't beaten that bugger.
 
I only had trouble with ultimecia and griever on my first playthrough. Mainly due to me having my magic "blown away" thus weakening my characters. Its an epic battle or should I say a struggle if you aint junctioned properly.

I love it when griever and ultimecia join together to do their super attack. I just watch it for the animation now as my characters have 255 for defence and nowt hurts them.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top