M0D'd Slim PS2

Phoenix Flame

Go Umbarbar do my bidding
Super Moderator
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
3,044
Location
By myself. It's lonely ;-;
Website
www.reasoniamalive.com
Occupation
Cardiac tech/lover ^^;
....so I was all EMO about my copy of FFX: International not working for my PS3 and Zero ('ell of a guy) told me about SwapMagic: http://www.swapmagic3.com/

...so I'm gonna go ahead and try it for my Slim PS2. It seemed easier to me than modding the large (older) PS2 my friend has. My issue with this is - I don't even KNOW that it will work for my copy of the game...so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it does.

Has anyone ever tried it? Anyone know of someone who has???

Success stories or lame-o stories are welcome...but for some reason I don't think many of you out there have tried this. ;ouc

Thanks much!

~ reason ~
 
WHO told you about SwapMagic? XD

I've used it on my fat PS2 to get Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix + to work. But it didn't let me play my PS games on my PS2 anymore. Dunno if it'll have the same effect for yours.
 
I don't care...I'll only play FF X & XII: Internation on it anyway = P

...since I'm NOT selling my PS3 :D

Oh...yeah - and Hydra first leaqued it...but Zero helped me find a state of zen (anotherwords...he told me I couldn't run in any other way than to try SwapMagic...or import a friggin PS2) ;P
 
JFTR I had my console modded and I'm yet to have a problem with it going on a year. Sure it's a bit pricey but the convenience of just starting an import game like any other without having to switch disks each time you start up the PS2 is worth the $100 AUS ($83 US) odd it cost to install the chip.

That being said, mod chips are legal hear so the service quality is probably somewhat higher then in the States. Could be more expensive there as well.
 
o_O Thanks for the info Zero/ToD...

I'll prolly just stick with the disk swappin...(sounds erotic.) XD

I don't want to void any waranty I may or may not still have...and I'm not interested in further games (except maybe XII: International - should it not come to the States.)
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top