Main party

Ryan

Onion Knight
Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2006
Messages
7
Age
35
Website
www.residentevilzerofiles.com
Hey, just wanted to know who was in your main party. If you do put down yours put a star by the character you use the most. Also put there job as well.

* Ashe = Mage party leader
Bacsh = backup
Fran = healer
 
I use all my characters equally...but my main 2 parties consist of
1) A. *Vaan - melee
B. Ashe - melee/healer
C. Fran - melee/healer
2) A. * Basch - melee
B. Balthier - melee/healer
C. Penelo - melee/healer

As you can see, I follow the traditional FF setup with three melee party members. I like to have two healers, status inflicters, or theives to make things less tedious.
 
1)Vaan -Melee
2)Fran-Melee-Ranged
3)Ashe-Melee

1)Balthier-melee-sometimes ranged
2)Baush-melee
3)Penelo-melee-ranged

I have everyone equally used for healing including using gambits, so that is not a problem. But i do find that black magic is not all that useful except with my non-ranged fighters. Beyond that i never use black magic.
 
My parties are generally split up:

1.)Vaan* - Theif/Melee/Healer/Mage
2.)Balthier - Melee
3.)Fran - Ranged/Melee/Healer

1.)Basche - Melee
2.)Ashe* - Theif/Melee/Healer/Mage
3.)Penelo - Melee/Healer

Basche and Balthier have healing gambits but they are last priority (i.e. health is below 20%). When I am training, I don't keep my parties in this formation. I'll have either Basche or Balthier as muscle (never in the same party) and then two weaker character to level. When a weaker charater passes the level of another, I swap them out.

As far as dungeons and marks and main gameplay goes, those are my groups. I rarely use magic, but sometimes it is the best thing to do.
 
my party

vaan(lvl 96)= melee with 2h sword
balthier(lvl84)=melee with sword and shield
bacsh(lvl 80)=melee with 2h sword

all of them have a gambit for casting regen, curaga, protect, shell, bravery, faith, esuna

fran(lvl70)=melee with sword and shield
ashe(lvl 78)=bow
penelo(lvl74)=melee with sword and shield

if you obtain a technique named telekenisis you do not need to used range weapon or cast black magic to flying monsters.
 
Ashe (sword user and magic), Basch (Hammer and Axe user, very little magic), and Fran (Bows and alot of magic).

The rest of them I just use for Mist catalysts.
 
I have three partys i use... I dont use one more than the others, and in each i have a powerhouse who hits for alot of damage, and red-mage type person that attacks, uses black magick, and heals if needed.

I use Basch (Powerhouse), and Ashe (Mage) for the first party.
Balthier (Powerhouse), and Fran (Mage), for the second.
And Vaan(Powerhouse), and Penelo (Mage) for the third.

I know it sounds stupid to have only two out at a time, but i find it esier to keep track of them and train with only two.

If im in a boss battle i team them all up in threes and swich around according to status efffects, HP, Magick, or Mist Charges and Espers avalible.
 
Last edited:
There are so many possiblilites w/this game and the party you can choose.

I'm going to fight w/Vaan, Ashe and Basch from the get-go. Let them level up as much as they want and then when I get to the Gilmore Jungle, I'll focus on catching the others up before I move on.

Right now, everyone is melee and can heal if needed.
 
I have two separate parties, one with Fran, Penelo and Basch and the other with Balthier, Vaan and Ashe.

Vaan: Black Mage/melee
Balthier: long range tank
Fran: long range Red Mage
Basch: melee tank/technick master
Ashe: melee tank
Penelo: weapons master/white mage.
 
*Vaan- Leader of the party (Uses heavy armor,axes, and swords only, knows green magics,time magics,black magics)

Basch- Second in command (Uses heavy armor,swords,knows green magics,and time magics.)

Ashe- (white mage,healer of the group,green magics,swords,spears,heavy and light armors.)
 
I have two parties. I like to make sure that all my characters are equal and I try to stick a job to each person as to learn how to use them effectively.

Main Party (For bosses or when I get into a bind):
*Vaan: Powerhouse. High HP and Pole user.
Fran: Long-Range and Mage. Nice bow and has most Magicks.
Balthier: Long-Range thief. He has a steal gambit and has hand-bombs.

Back-up:
*Ashe: Tank. She has protect armor, and a good shield. Absorbs Magick pretty well also.
Basch: Damage-Dealer+Poacher. He has a katana so he chains the crap out of guys.
Penelo: Small weapon and shield. My Magick user for this group. High HP and great evade.

I spent over 3 hours farming low-levels for LP, so I have almost all magicks and techniques. Not to mention I have 16 out of 18 Quickenings. I go for armor and weapons as I acquire them.
 
I use all mt characters equally after the first 3 level up I switch to the second party and after they level up I switch the party around again and don't revert to the second one until after the first 3 have leveled up.
 
I use Vaan,Ashe and Basch they are simply my powerhouse and when someone dies (mostly Ashe) I give Belthier a shot...
 
As of today I've decided that I do not want a main party. I like using all my characters too much to just stick with three people.

Vann (Level 53, melee fighter, sword and shield)

Ashe (Level 48-49, Melee fighter, Greatsword)

Basch (Level 48-49, Melee fighter, Greatsword)

Balthier (Level 47, Gunner/healer)

Fran (Level 44, Archer/healer/mage)

Penelo (Level 46, pole-user/healer)
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top