Math forum game! Yay!

jessek705 said:
-4(21)-13 + 94-81[32-27(4)-32]
=-4(21)-13 + 94-81[108]
=(-84)-13 + 94-8748
=-97+ 94-8748
=-3-8748
=-8751
:cool:
I suck at giving questions though :p
Well you did it just a little off, I think??? :)

-4(21)-13 + 94-81[32-27(4)-32] < first part
=-4(21)-13 + 94-81[108] < Its not 108, its a -108 --- [32-108-32] = -76-32 = -108
=(-84)-13 + 94-8748 < Now -81[-108] = +8748
=-97+ 94-8748 < -97 + 94 + 8748
=-3-8748 < -3 + 8748
=-8751 < 8745 - I think :p
 
A nice easy question. What are two equations that always give you an odd number no matter what X is.
 
all this math is making my head hurt.*cries*. I don't know the answer
 
Last edited:
Shaggy said:
Well you did it just a little off, I think??? :)

-4(21)-13 + 94-81[32-27(4)-32] < first part
=-4(21)-13 + 94-81[108] < Its not 108, its a -108 --- [32-108-32] = -76-32 = -108
=(-84)-13 + 94-8748 < Now -81[-108] = +8748
=-97+ 94-8748 < -97 + 94 + 8748
=-3-8748 < -3 + 8748
=-8751 < 8745 - I think :p


Well, the rule to doing these types of problems is P.E.M.D.A.S or Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally. parenthesis, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, subtraction. Following the rule we get:
problem: -4(21)-13+13[(5)(4)-32] -------> -84-13+13(20-32)-----> -84*-12 = 1008

So the lot of ya were wrong! :p

Check please!
 
Let me try again...

reasoniamalive said:
-4(21)-13 + 94-81[32-27(4)-32] = ?

-4(21)-13 + 94-81[32-27(4)-32] = ? <=> <---------- First part

<=> -84 -13 + 94 - 81 (32 -108 -32) <=> <--------- -4*21 = -84; -27*4=-108

<=> -97 + 94 -81*-108 <=> <------------ -84-13=-97; Cut "32" and "-32" thanks to the comutative property

<=> -3 + 8748 <=> <--------- -97+94=-3; -81*-108= +8748

<=> 8745 <---------- -3+8748 is the same as 8748-3=8745

Different again :eek: Now it's the same as Shaggy's! :eek:

What's wrong?

reasoniamalive said:
-4(21)-13+13[(5)(4)-32]

That's not what you gave us initially :D

Now, you:

Sephiroth Reborn said:
y=2x+1
y=2x-1
?????

The answer is y=|2x-1| <=>

<=> y=2x+1 v y=2x-1
___________________________________________________________________________

So, does anyone have any more challenges? I'm getting bored :cool:
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top