Multi-FF Trivia

FFnut said:
1. Please refrain from using profanity on this board. And yes, it was Valvalis (or Valvalicia, depending on which version you're playing).

2. Correct.

3. Nope.

4. I asked what the flying dragon's name translated INTO - Hiryuu is the dragon's name, but that's japanese. I want the english translation.

5. Yes, actually.

6. I was looking for Gilgamesh... he mentions something about being between dimensions when he appears during the last Seifer battle, and as he was trapped in the Cleft of Dimension at the end of FF5... like I said, I was looking for actual character crossovers, not just characters being named after others (like Garland, Chaos, and Sara. If you wanted to get technical like that, you could also say that the four chaoses of FF9 were the four fiends of FF1, or the Weapons that appear throughout the series. They're just named after the earlier characters - they're not the same one. Only Gilgamesh was the same character between FF5 and FF8). Good enough.

I need to come up with some harder questions... here's a nasty one that I only found out by accident.

In FF8, what is the damage formula for a regular Tonberry's Everyone's Grudge attack?

for 6. shouldn't it be cloud of 7 and tactics? u suck him right out of 7's world to tactics
he even mentions stopping seph in tactics and with the same moves and stuff
 
The Guest said:
for 6. shouldn't it be cloud of 7 and tactics? u suck him right out of 7's world to tactics
he even mentions stopping seph in tactics and with the same moves and stuff

FFnut said:
Who is the only true crossover character in numbered FFs (meaning that it is the exact same character in both, not Cid, Biggs, or Wedge, and actual summons don't count), which FFs was he in, and where was he in between them? (There is evidence in his speech in the second game he appeared in that he has been in the same place since the first he appeared in.)

Because everyone always knows that the word "Tactics" is a NUMBER.
 
In FF8, what is the damage formula for a regular Tonberry's Everyone's Grudge attack?

I remember a vague reference of that attack being Max HP - Current HP

Is that about right? :)
 
No, the formula is: number of enemies target has killed (dealt final blow to) x 20 damage

You're thinking of Beowulf and the Byblos's Shock! ability in FFT, the Bomb's Self-Destruct ability in FFT, or something similar in another game. Remember, Everyone's Grudge is about revenge, getting back at a character for all the spirits of monsters who have grudges against them.
 
No, it's a number (20 or 40, I think) times how many enemies the targeted character has killed so far. End of story :)

EDIT: Bleh, FFnut's post wasn't there when I hit "reply" to type this :p

And there's another attack with that type of damage (Max HP - Current HP).. in FFVII, an enemy skill called ????.
 
Shadowheart said:
And there's another attack with that type of damage (Max HP - Current HP).. in FFVII, an enemy skill called ????.

LOL I thought you were asking a question. I never used enemy skill anyway.
 
1- What kept Laguna from returning to Raine in Winhill after saving Ellone?
2-What is Moon Cry?
3-Why can Gardens Fly?
4-Why is Garden the best of the Gardens despite its low resources?
5-What was the point of Galdibia attacking Dollet?
6-What was the real reason behind the start of Sorceress War II?
 
FFVIII. If you couldn't tell by now, SL likes FFVIII. But you should be able to tell by his name and sig.

Anyway, I can only sort-of answer some of those questions...

1- He was protecting her from the Estharians? Or he got caught in the struggle against Adel? Both? I don't know if I can pinpoint it...

2-The phenomenon where alot of monsters go to one spot of the moon to "fall" to Earth. Or something. Using the Crystal Pillar in Lunatic Pandora seems to attract them.

3-Because....they can? :confused:

4-...Because...it is? I don't know. Maybe because all of the most powerful (or skilled) people are there? (You mean Balamb, right?)

5-...I don't exactly know.

6- To capture Ellone? Well, I know she was very important to it..

Well, I'm not really an FFVIII expert anyway. Nice questions though!
 
Squall Lionheart said:
1- What kept Laguna from returning to Raine in Winhill after saving Ellone?
2-What is Moon Cry?
3-Why can Gardens Fly?
4-Why is Garden the best of the Gardens despite its low resources?
5-What was the point of Galdibia attacking Dollet?
6-What was the real reason behind the start of Sorceress War II?


Zeromus_X said:
FFVIII. If you couldn't tell by now, SL likes FFVIII. But you should be able to tell by his name and sig.

Anyway, I can only sort-of answer some of those questions...

1- He was protecting her from the Estharians? Or he got caught in the struggle against Adel? Both? I don't know if I can pinpoint it...

2-The phenomenon where alot of monsters go to one spot of the moon to "fall" to Earth. Or something. Using the Crystal Pillar in Lunatic Pandora seems to attract them.

3-Because....they can? :confused:

4-...Because...it is? I don't know. Maybe because all of the most powerful (or skilled) people are there? (You mean Balamb, right?)

5-...I don't exactly know.

6- To capture Ellone? Well, I know she was very important to it..

Well, I'm not really an FFVIII expert anyway. Nice questions though!

Not bad at all.....but these were just a few questions from the top of my mind....I haven't put alot of thought into it....so here are the answers:
1-He got busy since being elected as Esthar's president after defeating sorceress Adel....
2-Moon cry or Lunar cry is the phenomena of monsters falling from the moon on the planet, a very rare incident said to have destroyed the ancient Centra civlisation....strongly related to the light pillar which boosts the effect when used at Tears point in combination with the Lunatic Pandora......
3-It's simpler than what it looks, because Gardens were built on ancient Centra shields which ancient Centra people used as a transportation and a protection from Lunar cries.............
4-Because it's the only Garden researching the use of GF in conjunction with para-magic which amplifies one's strengh to very high levels......so their units SeeD are the best unique fighting force.......
5-Since sealing sorceress Adel, all radio frequencies were scrambeled due to the enormous energy & gravitational equilibrium used to seal her great powers so evreyone used then underground cables which aren't reliable because they get cut alot in battles or by monsters.....so Galdibia needed an efficient way to have communication worldwide with other territories, so their plan was to invade Dollet & get a hold of their communication tower which the powerfull signals cannot be interupted.....
6-Close enough....but the real reason was to look for a successor to inherit sorceress Adel's powers, so Ellone with her unique powers was the perfect candidate....

Well...I think that's enough questions for now........
 
Squall Lionheart said:
1- What kept Laguna from returning to Raine in Winhill after saving Ellone?
2-What is Moon Cry?
3-Why can Gardens Fly?
4-Why is Garden the best of the Gardens despite its low resources?
5-What was the point of Galdibia attacking Dollet?
6-What was the real reason behind the start of Sorceress War II?

1- Errrrrr.... hmmmm... I don't remember :$
2- The flood of monsters that come from the moon onto the planet and landed on Tears Point. The 1st time it happened, they made a big crater in Centra :O
3- Because they were built on top of military (Not sure about military though :D) bases
4- Which Garden? :confused:
5- They wanted to use the communication tower in order to transmit radio waves from Timber.
6- Which one was that?
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top