Multi-FF Trivia

I'm not sure about that single hit, it's been a long time.

Q's

Name Vincent's four forms.

Who is Faris and what's secret about him?

What's the first line in Final Fantasy?

There ya go.
 
1. He has FIVE forms, if you count his regular form. But his limits are Galian Beast, Death Gigas, Hellmasker, and Chaos.

2. Faris is the leader of the pirates in the beginning of FF5. The "secret" is that Faris is actually a girl (although having pink hair in anything that was originally in Japan usually means a girl).

3. The first line in the FIRST game? The world is veiled in darkness. There ya go.

And as for the final boss of FF9's summon... it was called Neutron Star, I think. Might be confusing it with another one of his moves though. Considering that I couldn't stand the game and I'm basing it off what one of my friends told me, that's as good as my guess is gonna get.
 
I'm pretty sure Faris had purple hair and her sister had the pink hair.~_^

And Vincent question WAS pharsed wrong.

EDIT: I never finished FFIX either.
 
Way to go FFnut! Care to start us off with some more?
 
Awright, I'll try.

(FF4) Who is the devil of wind?

(FF1) What is odd about the locations of the four fiends on the world map?

(FF6) Kefka fights a recolor of what Esper in Thamasa?

(FF5) This requires a bit of knowledge of Japanese - what, roughly, does the name of the flying dragon in this game translate into?

(FF4) What is Kain's last name? (A number of you will enjoy learning the answer to this question!)

(Two FFs) Who is the only true crossover character in numbered FFs (meaning that it is the exact same character in both, not Cid, Biggs, or Wedge, and actual summons don't count), which FFs was he in, and where was he in between them? (There is evidence in his speech in the second game he appeared in that he has been in the same place since the first he appeared in.)

I think that's it for now... pretty damn difficult if you ask me. The first one is just a warm-up - and is also the part that I'm currently stuck at in FF4. Have fun doing the others, though.
 
the answers....i think

(1) you almost had me but i believe it to be the wind demon not the devil of the wind.... that bitch's name was VALVALIS before i pwned her. :D

(2)why did you ask this one.... if you draw lines from each one the meet at the temple of fiends.....tell me this what games and what systems did Square take stabs at Dragonwarrior and The Legend of Zelda?

(3)i cant remember i remember the scene i wanna say Palidor? :confused:

(4)Hiryuus

(5)I think I read somewhere before that his last name was Highwind.

(6)I had to think about this one for a long time and I had came up with more than one answer... at first i thought a bout Gilamesh from FF5 and FF8 but you said no summons, but is not technically a summon. Then I thought about Garland from FF1 and FF9. Also there was Chaos from FF1 and FF7 (as Vincents Limit Break) then there was the Frankenstien boss from FF2 and the Frankenstein from FF7 ( Vincent again ) the last one i could think of was FF1 Princess Sarah well in the Jap FF3 the one on the Famicom disk system that hooked up to the NES there was a Princess Sarah. Thats all i can think of if there a different one that i missed i would really like to know. oh also i dont think this counts but the first city of FF1 the name of the city is Cornelia( i think thats how its spelled ) well in FFXI there a women in the main story of Bastok and her name is Cornelia.

-LATER!
 
Last edited:
FFnut said:
1. Potion - but supposedly you can get a potion from him if Quistis is in your party also - you don't necessrily need Rinoa, if I remember correctly.

2. I feel like rounding out my list by naming all of them, so...
a) Win from a Dark Dragon
b) Morph a Harpy
c) Steal from Iron Man
d) Steal from Master Tonberry
e) Morph a Tonberry
f) Morph a Vlakorados
No less than SIX ways, and that's just from monsters :p

Those were a lot of ways to get an elixer in ff7, however, there is one more way that I know of...and you must already have an elixer to do this. Equip one of your characters with w-item...select elixer as your first item to use...then just cancel it out when picking your second item...and voila you have another elixer...this also works with any other item...VERY CHEAP though
 
Actually, you need two to do that. I've tried W-Item duping with just one of an item, it doesn't work. Luckily it was a throwaway item like a "Tornado" or something similar... if it was a Megalixir I'd never be able to forgive myself.
 
am i right

was i right on your last set of questions? ill ckeck back tommorrow
 
Zynk said:
(1) you almost had me but i believe it to be the wind demon not the devil of the wind.... that bitch's name was VALVALIS before i pwned her. :D

(2)why did you ask this one.... if you draw lines from each one the meet at the temple of fiends.....tell me this what games and what systems did Square take stabs at Dragonwarrior and The Legend of Zelda?

(3)i cant remember i remember the scene i wanna say Palidor? :confused:

(4)Hiryuus

(5)I think I read somewhere before that his last name was Highwind.

(6)I had to think about this one for a long time and I had came up with more than one answer... at first i thought a bout Gilamesh from FF5 and FF8 but you said no summons, but is not technically a summon. Then I thought about Garland from FF1 and FF9. Also there was Chaos from FF1 and FF7 (as Vincents Limit Break) then there was the Frankenstien boss from FF2 and the Frankenstein from FF7 ( Vincent again ) the last one i could think of was FF1 Princess Sarah well in the Jap FF3 the one on the Famicom disk system that hooked up to the NES there was a Princess Sarah. Thats all i can think of if there a different one that i missed i would really like to know. oh also i dont think this counts but the first city of FF1 the name of the city is Cornelia( i think thats how its spelled ) well in FFXI there a women in the main story of Bastok and her name is Cornelia.

-LATER!

1. Please refrain from using profanity on this board. And yes, it was Valvalis (or Valvalicia, depending on which version you're playing).

2. Correct.

3. Nope.

4. I asked what the flying dragon's name translated INTO - Hiryuu is the dragon's name, but that's japanese. I want the english translation.

5. Yes, actually.

6. I was looking for Gilgamesh... he mentions something about being between dimensions when he appears during the last Seifer battle, and as he was trapped in the Cleft of Dimension at the end of FF5... like I said, I was looking for actual character crossovers, not just characters being named after others (like Garland, Chaos, and Sara. If you wanted to get technical like that, you could also say that the four chaoses of FF9 were the four fiends of FF1, or the Weapons that appear throughout the series. They're just named after the earlier characters - they're not the same one. Only Gilgamesh was the same character between FF5 and FF8). Good enough.

I need to come up with some harder questions... here's a nasty one that I only found out by accident.

In FF8, what is the damage formula for a regular Tonberry's Everyone's Grudge attack?
 
It's a set number times how many monsters the targeted character has killed throughout the game. I can't remember that set number for sure.. but I'm going to guess at 20 or 40.
 
I have to admit I suck at FF triva.
 
Never played the FF, but when I saw the name Hiryuu my basic japanese started kicking in. I think Hiryuu = Flying Demon or Flying Dragon since it is a dragon.
 
Flying dragon. Excellent. On a side note, one of the hidden bosses, a dragon, is named Shinryuu. Shinryuu is "Sacred dragon." I'll come up with some much harder questions later.

And the Tonberry damage formula is 20 x # of monsters target has killed. It gets to be pretty nasty when it only does about 80 damage to Rinoa and a few thousand to Squall.
 
Last edited:
Last time I killed tonberries to get the Tonberry GF, it did ~400 damage to all my party members :)
 
what does ryu mean at the end of things? For instance, in bloody roar 3, theres bakuryu and kohryu. i was wondering what ryu translates to.

and as for my questions:

ff9- what are the words on the tablet that leads you to chocobo air garden?

ff8 (easy) - what do you need to summon doomtrain?

ff10- how much do you need to bribe the mech leader (mt gagazet) to obtain the door to tomorow? also, how much do you need to bribe the malboro, and what item do you get from it?

ff2 (US) - What does the legend of mysidia read?
 
i thought ff9 was retarded so i dont know

to summon Soultrain ...eh, i mean Doomtrain you must have 6 Steel Pipes, 6 Remedy+, and 6 Malboro Tentacles

Bribe Mech Leader 74,000 gil for Door of TomorrowX2
Bribe Malboro 540,000 gil and you get 4 Wings of Discovery

last question here we go
One to be born
from a dragon
hoisting the light
and the dark
arises high up
in the sky to
the still land.
Veiling the moon with
the light of eternity
it brings
another promise
to mother earth with
a bounty and mercy.


NOW SOME QUESTIONS FOR YOU ALL!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

In Final Fantasy II (In U.S.) what is the only attack guarenteed to hit 9999.

Now to contridict myself when is the only time it will not hit for 9999.
 
DOUBLE POST! SPAM! SPAM!
__________________
This double post has been caught by the Spam Police.
------------------------------------------------------------------
As for your questions... Meteo is the only guaranteed 9999 damage, when Tellah fights Golbez one on one. It doesn't guarantee 9999 when you use it with anyone else.
 
FFnut you are right in a sense, but you can not control Tellah when he does that so its not the right answer....The answer i was looking for is

SPOON!

no matter what lvl you are it will hit for 9999 but to contridict myself if you use it before Zeromus has shown his true form with the crystal then the Spoon will hit for 0. The reason I know this is because its happened to me.

New Question time....

In FF2, what is the exact spell order Tellah uses before casting Meteo on Golbez?

In FF3, what are the lyrics to Celes' song?

In FFMQ, what is the second weapon you obtain?

In FF2, what is the price of an elixir?

-later
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top