My Philosophy

There is a LOT of pain and misery in this life - unfortunately, life's not fair. Seems like everyone has to 'start over' sometime and put away something in their past...whether that be family or friends or significant others. In the end I've learned not to blindly rely on others around me, but on God for my sanity and support. He's always there going through everything with me anyhow...but to acknowledge Him and lean on him to me isn't a crutch-->I'm not religious, I'm spiritual (big difference.) Therefore I don't agree with 'holy' wars or much government; however, not all of it is bad. I live in the U.S., and I think that if our founding fathers could see what we've done with the constitution, they'd roll over in their graves. It doesn't end there, but that's the basic feelings I can express about how I view life. My personal philosophy goes something like... By improving yourself, the world is made better. It begins with you, though...so if you want things to chance for you - you have to change.
 
Jhimian said:
Man thinks that war can solve everthing. I know personally that sometimes that friend and foe may never come to an agreement, but man needs to learn how to solves differences by discussing the problem directly without war. Humans are so destructive, but there is one thing that is worth saving in this world, it is love.
Thats My Philosophy, my wisdom. Love.

Having love in one's heart is a wonderful thing...unfortunately, it is not enough to make people "discuss the problem directly without war."

There will always be pain and suffering, there will always be people who say that a war will resolve a matter in a situation, and there will always be a war, weither it is between two persons, or two nations. A world of peace isn't a totally attainable goal. The reality is, as long as there are human beings, or any beings, there will always be conflict, no matter how insignificant the issue.

The people in this world have a lot to learn; don't expect them to learn it in our lifetime.
 
Agreed Faust, This is me personally, I love if I feel you are a "true" friend I love you, you are my brother or sister, or as in "Aiden" i love her fully and without question. But I also know hate and there are people I hate completly true hate, but theese are people who have done things to me to deserve my hate.
 
Well, this is just a personal opinion, as is what most of these people are saying; I believe that love can conquer all other feelings . Think about it; if you really wanted to die, more than anything, and the only feeling you cared about was feeling the sweet ecstasy of death, then wouldn't you be "loving" to die every single waking moment?

Taking the words "Love conquers all" literally would mean that you can win anything with love. And even if love is more than just a feeling, and love is expressed by the things we do for the things or people we love, I don't think that most of the world cares enough to use love to solve all of our problems. There are too many other feelings mixed in--greed, hatred, anger, sadness; countless things. Those feelings tend to get in the way of the feeling of love, but that's just how it is; that's just how we, as human beings, are. Love can't really conquer all, but deep in our hearts, when we find something we care about more than anything else that could ever exist, then we can believe that love can overcome all of the obstacles that are in each individual person's life. But it cannot solve every real world problem. Love can be shared, but going with what I said previously, there will always be conflict and problems that are caused by things, and most of all, people, some of whom have no love or compassion. But that's only for us to decide based upon opinion.

So...after all I've said already, I'm not even sure what I'm trying to get across. I suppose that my point, is that whatever love really CAN do, no one will ever be sure. So weither the phrase "Love conquers all" is true or not is, for now, always goinmg to depend on the opinion of each individual. So, it's true meaning is undecided.
 
Agreed that statement is very true and you have brought up good points I have never thought about before. "Love" is perhaps the most interesting human emotion, because while the others are more linear "love" can be good or evil depending, because it is defined mostely by the person who has it. So in a way "love" is a very powerful force in the world. The holy wars were started because of "love" of religion. Peace can be obtained through "love" many different things can be caused its something worth thinking about.
 
blackstar said:
Agreed that statement is very true and you have brought up good points I have never thought about before. "Love" is perhaps the most interesting human emotion, because while the others are more linear"love" can be good or evil depending, because it is defined mostely by the person who has it. So in a way "love" is a very powerful force in the world. The holy wars were started because of "love" of religion. Peace can be obtained through "love" many different things can be caused its something worth thinking about.

And I think that you may have cleared up my ramblings there.
:D
 
Your welcome. Well reading what you said sparked my own intellectual ramblings. But relativly saying what we both said seems to be true because love is more than linear your suicide reference is what made me think about it and I beleive you did bring up a very valid point. So in essence "love" does conquor all. Because it overides all other emotions be it for good or evil intent.
 
To clarify what I was trying to get across, I merely was saying that conflict sometimes cannot be avoided, but when you are in that position just think of the thing are worth getting through that struggle. As I said that wasn't a good analogy. My apologies if gave you guys the wrong impression! ;-)
 
She makes a great point, but I noticed on the whole second page, only a select handful of you are over the age of eighteen.

Love doesn't conquer all. It only reinforces your thoughts, and you believe it does. Truth is belief, because you don't know any better, and that's why you all have biased opinions, and agree with each other. Your mind thinks that way, so you believe it's true.

You guys don't know nearly what love can mean. A lot of the time, young people mistake infatuation with love. And when you make that mistake, you see heartbreak and break-ups. That's why younguns are so depressed all the time. Their other dumped them, and they "loved" him/her so much.

They didn't love her, essentially. They were infatuated with her. They liked the idea of being with her, and grew so attached to her, they were heartbroken when it was over. That's infatuation. The need to love someone, and see through love blindly to have it.

Love, on the other hand, is an incredible feeling. Your other gets your spirits up in any and everything you do, and you can't feel bad with them. It sounds corny, don't it? XD But it's true. I've felt this. Either that, or it's a BIG case of infatuation. :D

That's why I say independence leads to breakdowns, and breakups if you're in a relationship. If you do everything yourself, what use is a lover? You can do everything yourself if you're independent. That's why adults long for their childhood, and independent people wish to change what they were. It breaks you mentally and physically. You've got to rely on someone else's help, no matter what the problem.

So, the world may suck, but it can suck with a special person in your life. That special person can spice up your life, if not for a moment, and moments are all you have in life. If you try to face life alone, that's why it sucks so much. You're too simple minded to rely on another, and since you're independent, your simple mindedness and false reason is all you know.

*cough*

...Yeah.. =D

I'm only twenty, so I'm learning too. XD
 
I agree with Hydra, the love I was talking about was the love of our fellow man, not high school crushes.
 
Jhimian said:
I agree with Hydra, the love I was talking about was the love of our fellow man, not high school crushes.

Mm...I know. Perhaps you DID give me the wrong impression, but I honestly thought that I was talking about just the feeling love; in a very sort of undecided way. But that's just because of what Hydra said; "Love doesn't conquer all. It only reinforces your thoughts." And I trust that. Everything we say or do is based on opinions, and everything I have said, was actually an opinion. Those words were the exact thoughts running through my mind as I was typing them, and I had expected some people to agree with me, and some to, perhaps, disagree.

As for relationships, yes, what we think is love for another person could actually be just a big infatuation. But no one really knows that it's an "infatuation" at the time, not until it's over with. So you can't blame people for thinking that their total fascination with someone is real love. XP
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top