my rpg favs

Well Sucks to be you. :D It's a pretty old game around the time of FF5.
 
Many peole say that's a good game. I've never played it unfortunatly.
Another good RPG series is Myst! Like a newer FF, but not a cheap rip-off. They came up with their own ideas. :eek:
 
Uh, isn't Myst completely different from FF, and not even a real RPG, more of an adventure game? It's all about solving riddles, isn't it?
 
i should probably add star ocean to the list, since i seem to be addicted to it now...

Star Ocean- developed by tri-ace, and published by enix(now square enix of course), star ocean was a ground-breaking rpg. not only how it had a (kinda...) real time battle system, it used up 48 megabits of memory, the most a snes cartridge can store. it also featured in-battle voices, which is very amazing for a snes game :eek: it has many different playable characters, and an item creation system, so yeah, it had a lot more than rpgs of the time. it also had a rather sci-fi themed story, although there are fantasy elements too. also, there are many possible endings depending on how you treat other characters.

it had three sequels: Star Ocean: The Second Story for the ps1, Star Ocean: Blue Sphere for the game boy color (which is kinda a side story to second story, but whatever), and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, the game im currently addicted to><;; for the ps2.

all the games are set in the same universe, and although none of the characters seem to be related (unless you count puffy :p), you can make a timeline of all the stories (did that make sense?) especially if you count the major plot twist in Till the End of Time, then you could say theyre all related :D (find out yourself! =3)

i found some of my info from wikipedia and a plot analysis from gamefaqs...=3

we need a cat smiley ...
 
Is it so hard to explain the main idea of it?..........
by far....I still have no clue what's it about.....
 
I agree, we need a cat smiley.
Star Ocean sounds good.
 
My favorite rpg's: Grandia, Baldur's Gate, Kingdom of Hearts, Final Fantasy('s), Neverwinter Night, Vampire (the computergame, as well as the role-play^^), ....Vagrant Story, that's more an adventure than a role-play, no?
 
Well, everyone has their own idea of what an RPG is. I always thought that RPGs were defined by you controlling a character that progressed through levels of some sort, and had different equipment, abilities, etc.

But I've never played VS, so..:p

Max the Man has played it, and he entered it in the RPG Journal, so I guess it'd be an RPG. :)
 
But i'm guessing that the difference between rpg and adventure is pretty clear....no? :D well, if it is clear, then i still don't recognise it for sure :D

It's like Zelda: an adventure game that really feels like a rpg
and Silver: an rpg game that really feels like an adventure :p (this sounds so silly)
 
I always thought that there are a lot of mixed up genre games. Exspecially RPG/Adventure games. This is what I think the Mysts are like. I don't think I've ever found a really good Lord of the Rings game. :( It had such potential but leave it to EA Games to srew something unsrewible up. :(
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top