no more new games for ps2?

richboywonder

Swordmaster
Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2006
Messages
1,315
Age
33
Location
? ? ? ? ?
Website
www.gamefaqs.com
Occupation
? ? ? ? ?
RPG Name
richboywonder
i hear that they are going to stop making ps2 games by 2009. is that really going to happen. are they trying to get us to buy a ps3 or something?i think the same thing is going to happen to xbox too.
 
It happens to every system.

They stop making ports and orginal games for the old gen systems, to make you upgrade and move up. Been happening since the days of SNES, Genesis, N64, Dreamcast, and so on.

They take the time to upgrade, so they make the consumers upgrade along with them. No use making an advanced system when everyone's going to buy the previous system's games.
 
It's very believable.

Maybe not as soon as '09, but it will happen within the next 3 years. No doubt about it.

There are 9 years of games for PS2. That's probably enough. If you want to upgrade and get BRAND-NEW games, get another job and buy a PS3.

The only game I've ever bought new was Pokemon Emerald. I remember it well.
 
Considering the PS2 has lasted for about 9 years, I'd say it's been a good run for it. If you've noticed, as soon as new system comes out, it's predacessor stops making games a year or two afterwards.
 
Well, maybe not nine exactly. More like eight, or maybe even seven. It's at least seven years old, I know that. My copy of Dark Cloud says it was released in '01, so... xD
 
I guest I be buying a lot of classic PS2 games in 2009. I think stores will be still be selling old PS2 games. I still have a lot of older ps2 games I want to play. I think there still be the ocasional new ps2 game in 2009 since not all new games have high-end graphics. Like lego games, and those megaman ps2 ports.
 
Okay, there have been no new PS2-exclusive games recently, only ones that have been on multiple systems. One of the biggest ones recently for PS2 only was FFXII, and that was a while ago.

The PS2 was released in '00. This is the ninth year of its existence.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top