Not many people

Yeah, I love this game and the majority of my friends think it's better than 7, actually. The story isn't what gave them the problem, their problem was that they didn't want to bother learning the Junction System or playing a game where levelling up to level 70 on disc 1 doesn't make it any easier.
 
I like FF8, it's a good game.. but I still used to think it's the worst FF game, and it had nothing to do with the story. The game has completely ruined the idea of leveling up. There's just no point. So there's no fun in fighting battles, except to gather AP, and you can do that w/o gaining experience quite easily.

However, I decided to start playing it again recently (currently at the start of the 3rd disc), and I realized that I like this game a lot more than I thought I did. It's not better than FF7 IMO, that's for sure, but more fun than many of the other parts of the series. I love the story, I have no problem with the junction system (even though it can get boring to draw 300 of each new magic you see on enemies/bosses) and the card game rules. I still don't like the idea that you don't benefit whatsoever from leveling up. But what is kind of strange is that instead, I find it a lot of fun to get through this game at as low level as possible.

Basically every FF fan I know in real life dislikes FF8 and loves FF7. I think it's about the junction system and that you have to draw so much magic all the time (which has a tendency to be boring in the long run).
 
In my personal opinion Final Fantasy 4 is the best Final Fantasy of them all, but 7 is the best one seince, 8 was ok 9 sucked, 10 had good graphics but made me sick, X-2 is just creepy and well 11 is plenty fun, if you like being a slave to a game. hmm 6 is really good too and 5 was too easy, 1 and 2 were fun just because well they are part of the series, and Crystal Cronicals is one i shake a stick and and tell to stay away (I hate gamecube)
 
I like chrystal chronicals but I hate gamecubes as well :P
 
..... So I did

(hide in corner in chame for ever mentioning it)

I am sorry to all those i ahve insulted.

(Cry)

:eek:
 
was crystals really that good

and for N gage ff7 before crisis is out for that and i want 2 kno if any one played is its the story of cloud in soldiers and zacks story 2 plus it show vincent in the turks
 
Well Hello All... In my humble opinion FF8 is one of the very best ff games ever made. It has a great storyline...although it is a little sappy at times. I have never met someone who has liked ff8 that isn't a die hard ff fan though. I love the junctioning and the card game is absolutely amazing. It's almost a complete game inside of the beauty of ff8. I don't know if you guys remember when it first came out...but the graphics were simply awe inspiring. It will be hard for these guys to come up with a better game than this one. (although we all know they can do it) Oh yeah and they could have done a better job with the leveling up but it's still alright. p.s. this is my very first post...hooray!!!
 
Agreed, they could have done a better job with the level system.. but I found it very fun to abuse it (by going through the game at minimum level, then leveling up to level 100 at the end of disc 3 using Str Bonus, Mag Bonus, HP Bonus, Vit Bonus and Spr Bonus :D)
 
The reason I like the game is there are many different other games you can play on it rather then just the main one. It gave you the card games and the fighting of the monster games. It just made it that more interesting.
 
What do you mean, people don't like FF8 much? I'm a people and I like FF8! And you all are people's (sorry, I just joined...today...so I'm still...weirded out.) I love FF8, me and my bestie absolutely LOVE IT! I've finished it 99 times and counting! (It's very true, too.)
 
Everyone I know says FF7 is a better game than FF8,but I think 8 is better,and Chrystal Chronicles was fun.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top