Official complain

Luis

·· Fresón rebelde ··
Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
1,539
RPG Name
Deathhunter
Good evening everyone,

Moderation staff is barely online, you can only find me most of the times, and Hydra is rarely online too. Some other mods are missing, and there's another one who quit.
Administration staff is missing, so I am the only one kicking bots' asses lately, and I'm getting a little pissed off. When the forum was declining, I suggested the idea of a new Hack, aswell as new features for the forum, and everyone was excited about it and willing to support it and give ideas. But then, the new features never came to the forum, I don't have the ability to bring them and some other mods didn't have'em either. We've waited for some kind of response, reason even mailed the administration staff, but he didn't get any answer.

Look, I hardly ever play FF games right now. I'm quite busy and I don't get neither the time nor the money to buy videogames or to play them.
But I still try to log in, since I've met nice people here, and we've all had fun together. I'm a member since July 2005, and I'm not feeling like leaving now... not before complaining about it.

So, if no one in the top levels cares about the site, I can't ( I don't have the ability as a mod!) take care of this. I'm not feeling like doing it all alone either.

That's all. I'll wait some more time... for some kind of response from administrators.
 
Last edited:
If theres anything I can do to help just ask I try to be on at least once a day for about 20 min. at the minimum. And i have internets at home. Im not as much as i used to because of school but i really believe in this site and I dont want it to collapse.
 
I agree with'cha buddy.

I've been kicking a few bots myself lately, and I saw you and reason were too. But we're the only ones. The ONLY ones. I know of Ark's situation, so I don't really blame her, but does it require this long? And who knows where Shaggy is?

We need some authorization, now or never. Mods can only do so much to the forum before the admins have to come in and do their part, and they're nowhere to be found. Even the bots have reduced, because of the lack of activity on the forum. It's crazy.

If there was a time for them to step in, it'd be now. If not, when they get back finally, this place will be all but deserted. I heard Reason sent Shaggy an e-mail, and it hasn't gotten replied to yet. They both must be very busy. If so, then I don't know what else to do.
 
Maby we should bring it up to them that we need to authorize a new administrator.
 
i try to on here every time im on the net, which isnt often at home, so i get on at skool, however, being yr 12 i only now have 1 and a hlf weeks of skool left so its goin to be difficult to come on after i finish, which i apolagise for...but i think we shuld introduce a new admin, 1 that is on regularly (decently anyway) and 1 that we all no and trust?? hopefully shaggy gets bak to 1 of u mods b4 its too late??
 
It depends if it was worth the time for the network
Who knows if it will stay further than this year...
 
It won't if administrators quit too. Quite simple.
 
Exactly im honestly kinda pissed that they left us in the condition that they did even if they werent gonna be on they could have left someone else in charge im just glad i have email adresses in case the site goes down.
 
the site is worth the time though, i mean within the year that ive been on here ive met sum great people, obtained some good knowledge aswell...id hate to see the sit be run down
 
Agreed Ive been on here for a while and i really dont want to see it gone.
 
I pm arkacia in august asking to be a moderator so myself and Jonnie could tidy up things but I aint had a reply and I think John has now hung up the towel in defeat.

I dont want to see this place go down but it will soon im afraid if it stays like this
 
It might be a good idea to locate a secondary site for us to use so we can stay together in case ffnet goes down.
 
I'm making a new forum, it's not as fancy as this one but maybe you'd like to join it once I tidy it up
 
IMO... if ANYONE decides to change forums, do it quietly (through PMs or talk about it through an instant messenger service.) It would just not be right/PC/whatever to do it through the 'live' forums here at FFNet.

...something that may help the declining life of the forums is for Luis to post some new pics XD I know that would bring me back. ; P~ XD!
 
Sorry about that, I didn't mean that anyone should leave this forum, I participate in several forums.

Nevertheless, the worst is a possibility no matter how rejected, I was supporting this idea
blackstar said:
It might be a good idea to locate a secondary site for us to use so we can stay together in case ffnet goes down.
 
We'll get it done, don't worry, lolol.

But with less activeness, why should us mods be more active? Less to do. We rarely come on anymore because anyone else does. If more people were here to spam and break the rules, we'd be more active. But all there is are bots that make an account, post one-five times, and leave forever. I think we can wait a little bit if we aren't on for those.

That being said, further improves the point we need more members, to improve all the aspects of the site, if we're actually serious on reviving it. But maybe reviving it is out of the question at this point. If the admins would come back, we'd have a straight answer. ;[
 
Kat said:
if you mods are doing your job, why is there like 3 Spam-Bot threads in the Off-Topic section?

comm'on guys, whats the deal?
o_o

Kat, I've been the only one lately banning those bots. And I log in whenever I can, but I can't be online 24/7! I DO have MY life, and my things to do. So I really don't care if you saw like 3 Spam-Bot threads, 'cause I've banned many bots and deleted many threads lately. There has been like one/two bots per day lately, so do not even hesitate that I've been doing my job. The fact that you don't see bots, doesn't mean that they do not come. So if you saw some, it's ok for me. There's more people in the staff, and some of them do not care about it.
We were like 4 or 5 mods, and I (and Hydra quite often too) are the active ones. One mod(sometimes two) taking care of the site.

AND, the deal is a forum needs administrators. But they're missing.
Top levels are responsible for this forum. If they don't care... who will?
We all tried to think of new features to bring the forum to life, and we agreed that it was needed. But that never came either.

So that's the point Kat. But if you Kat don't like how I do my moderator job, just tell me...
Honestly, I expected a more productive comment from you.
 
Did you even read Luis' first post Kat?

Apart from the fact that your criticism has nearly nothing to do with the topic of this thread - it IS a legitimate concern. Just critique us privately rather than making is painfully obvious next time.

The mod's here (except Hydra - methinks) are barely hanging on...if everyone begins saying "zOMGWTF is happenin?!" there will be hardly ANY moderation going on...and that - is the end of the forum.

BTW: You're less-active as well - we COULD just as easily begin blamming others for lack of interesting topics, convos and people here - but in the end - we're all responsible as members (some more than others) for the upkeep of the forum and showing mutual respect to one another.
 
Last edited:
Luis said:
Kat, I've been the only one lately banning those bots. And I log in whenever I can, but I can't be online 24/7! I DO have MY life, and my things to do. So I really don't care if you saw like 3 Spam-Bot threads, 'cause I've banned many bots and deleted many threads lately. There has been like one/two bots per day lately, so do not even hesitate that I've been doing my job. The fact that you don't see bots, doesn't mean that they do not come. So if you saw some, it's ok for me. There's more people in the staff, and some of them do not care about it.
We were like 4 or 5 mods, and I (and Hydra quite often too) are the active ones. One mod(sometimes two) taking care of the site.

AND, the deal is a forum needs administrators. But they're missing.
Top levels are responsible for this forum. If they don't care... who will?
We all tried to think of new features to bring the forum to life, and we agreed that it was needed. But that never came either.

So that's the point Kat. But if you Kat don't like how I do my moderator job, just tell me...
Honestly, I expected a more productive comment from you.
don't worry Luis, i didn't mean to sound that way...
but you're a great mod, all of you are.
take care of the forum, im gone.
=]
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top