Old versus New

Doctor

Paladin
Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
1,172
Age
35
Location
Hulle Granz Cathedral
Occupation
Eh.
RPG Name
Doctor
And the best is...?

Old Final Fantasies (Final Fantasy I-IX, including Final Fantasy Tactics)
New Final Fantasies (Final Fantasy X-XII, including FFX-2, & Crystal Chronicles)

What do you guys think?

I say, nothing beats the classics.
 
I second that
 
And the best is...?

Old Final Fantasies (Final Fantasy I-IX, including Final Fantasy Tactics)
New Final Fantasies (Final Fantasy X-XII, including FFX-2, & Crystal Chronicles)

What do you guys think?

I say, nothing beats the classics.




WOW you like Something OLD and 16-Bit?! *GASP*

But ya FF has Lost The Skill that made me love there new games
 
Old. Especially when you include 7 and 8 -> I recently noticed how perfect they were. Each Final Fantasy = one new world.

Final Fantasy 10 isn't bad, either...

And 11 gave me some hours of fun

Anyway, nothing beats the oldies, for sure.
 
I prefer the old ones...with an exception being made for X. That's my all-time favorite <3

I haven't played most of the older FFs though...and I just started a gave of III...which should be interesting.
 
Square Soft lost its juice..I mean they still make good FF, but nothing compare to the old.

Well i think FFX was pretty good...but still all the old old FFs were super awesome. Especially my FF7 and FF6. :p

I do like the new ones, but they seem like ordinarily games now...Grandia series kicked their butt...no offensive

Grandia III is like a old FF...I still can't believe its a new game made in 07...its so good like many of the old RPG games...Like legend of Dragoon, Dragon warrior, Skies of Arcadia, etc.
 
Last edited:
Old. Especially when you include 7 and 8 -> I recently noticed how perfect they were. Each Final Fantasy = one new world.

Final Fantasy 10 isn't bad, either...

And 11 gave me some hours of fun

Anyway, nothing beats the oldies, for sure.

7 and 8 were brilliant games. 9 was an accquired taste (which I had fortunately accquired to.) I believe that FFX was where the series reached it's peak, and then started it's slow decline. =P

Square as a developer is starting to decline in it's creativity, as well...take a look at this; http://www.destructoid.com/more-det...more-non-mainstream-games-allowed-87774.phtml

So keep a lookout for more remakes, sequels and prequels of FF games, people! XP
 
it wasnt squaresoft anymore :-/

the series' rating dropped in my eyes since square-enix era

I know that, I just didn't want to included the enix...it still the same right, just two companies combine well without the soft now.

Enix makes good games...after all they did make Dragon Warrior and the Grandia Series....its weird though...why the new Grandia so good, but yet none of the new FF match up to it and its same company now.:eek:
 
7 and 8 were brilliant games. 9 was an accquired taste (which I had fortunately accquired to.) I believe that FFX was where the series reached it's peak, and then started it's slow decline. =P

I'll have to agree with that, even though it isn't my favourite.

Most of you probably didn't play it, but FFXI is an amazing MMORPG, really! Square was good at creating new worlds, right? Imagine that applied to an online game where you can choose your country, everything!
 
No creativity or your fired! XD thats really sad though.
 
I'll have to agree with that, even though it isn't my favourite.

Most of you probably didn't play it, but FFXI is an amazing MMORPG, really! Square was good at creating new worlds, right? Imagine that applied to an online game where you can choose your country, everything!

I would have loved to play FFXI, honestly, but I'm too poor to buy it and have a REALLY bad internet connection. So I can really only play it...in my dreams. <<

It might be a good idea for Square to continue in a MMORPG-type direction, I'm thinking. As long as they're steadily going downhill with console games, I don't see why not. XP
 
The new games are alright but they don't have what I loved in the old games. one thing I really miss is the ability to fly freely over the FF world. I really can't believe they took that out.
 
Yeah, the newer FF's seem more restricted when it comes to exploring. Moving from place to place in a more straightforward fashion is more realistic, but jeez, it's Final FANTASY. It used to be more of a challenge, having to walk (or fly, or sail,) from place to place across the big wide world...

The newer games also kind of have a charm of their own, though. I mean, even I loved FFX, and even enjoyed FF12, because each had their own unique little aspects, just like the older FF's before them.

But what especially bothers me is the addition of voice actors in some of the games...no voices was another charming feature of the older games, and I wish that would have stuck around.
 
With better graphics and voice actors we can't imagine what's going on, create our own Fantasy... and I guess that's what FF was about...
 
Hm. After thinking about it a bit, I think that Square should continue to experiment with better graphics, sound etc. as long as they don't continue to go in the slightly downward direction that they're heading into. Perhaps, eventually, they might come up with a new FF that's well, NEW, but at the same time, they might manage to retain some kind of "magic" that made the longtime fans FANS in the first place.

There is hope. X3
 
*side note

...since we're all talking about old FFs:

I recently made a FF 3 post => if anyone's ever played through the game; I could sure use some advice. = 3

Now...I wouldn't say that Square's going downward per say - I think they're more headed 'sideways'??? The only thing that they've really been doing lately is remakes and/or sequels. IV is another example of what I'm talking about here. However, most of us would agree that XII was slightly crap...there were some RLY good parts, but most of that was lost with the boring storyline (which they should have stuck to their original plan of focusing on Basch's redemption instead of blindly going around swatting at things with your sword only to kill the freakin guy who's IN RABANASTRE TO BEGIN WITH!!!) x_X ..sorry,..had to vent there. = 3 NEW would definitely be nice though Doc. ^^ I'm really looking forward to XIII...I think its going to be a breath of fresh air to this stagnating funk. XD
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top