Opinions of XII.

Yggdrasill

Cruxis Angel
Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2006
Messages
280
Age
34
Location
Fox Rivers
Occupation
Silent Assassin, yeah, I'm right behind you.....that's how good I am.
RPG Name
Mithos
I was just wondering if someone could give me their thoughts on FFXII, it's out in Europe in 2 days and I've got enough money to buy it, I'm still trying to choose between Okami and FFXII though. I've heard some people say that it's horrible and probably one of the worst FF's ever, is this true?
So could people give me their opinions on the game?

Btw, a side-question; Is this game incredibly linear.... like FFX?
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

Yggdrasill said:
I was just wondering if someone could give me their thoughts on FFXII, it's out in Europe in 2 days and I've got enough money to buy it, I'm still trying to choose between Okami and FFXII though. I've heard some people say that it's horrible and probably one of the worst FF's ever, is this true?
So could people give me their opinions on the game?

Btw, a side-question; Is this game incredibly linear.... like FFX?
I stopped reading right there.

Get FFXI. Nao.

Okami IS fun, but after one play through, you'll be sick of it.

As where FFXII, is incredibly fun, and you won't be making yuck faces at it for anytime soon. FFXII has more replay value, story, and gameplay than Okami will ever have. Okami is GOOD, but it's not great. It's only good for one time through, while you'll have fun with FFXII for ages. =D
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

Hydra said:
I stopped reading right there.

Get FFXI. Nao.

Okami IS fun, but after one play through, you'll be sick of it.
XD, I thought "FFXI? What the?" Then I read on and knew it was a typo, yeah, I was thinking of getting Okami but I'll get FFXII now, afterall, I couldn't live with myself If I hadn't played every FF at least once. =P
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

Oops, silly me. XD Even if I wanted FFXI, my computer couldn't take it. =D

Yeah, totally buy FFXII.

Got it right that time. =D

Okami's great for a rent, but I made the mistake of buying it.

I was satisfied, until I finished. I didn't want to play it again. XD
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

I wanted to ask this question as well; why exactly is FFXII a 16+? It doesn't seem to have blood or violence in it so the rating is a bit weird. XD
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

Well, you do hit stuff.

Seems like violence to me! XD

It is pretty groundbreaking too. Not that it has an effect on the rating.

I'm not sure how you rate it in the U.K, to tell the truth. XD

Sixteen is Teen, and it's T for Teen over here. =P

Wait till Fran goes crazy. XD.
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

Just seems a bit weird. =P
Resident Evil 4 is a 15+ over here and yet FFXII is a 16+. WTF? XD
I think the age raters over here must have made a major mistake when rating FFXII. XD
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

Perhaps it is because you are wielding all matter of weapons and killing nasty marks and villians alike =D I disagree w/Hydra though. I found XII extremely unsatisfying - mostly because of the storyline...or lack thereof. There is simply not enough character or story development. Even later on, when the world is falling apart - there's no evidence of it ~ you can freely roam anywhere in the world without it blowing apart or w/o insighting mass hysteria (unlike 6, 7, 10, etc.) Be warned; however, as I was in love with FFX - you may not appreciate my review. I gave FFXII 6.8/10. It would have gotten a much better score with a little more work by the developers to get rid of some monotony, ditch the license board for something a little bit more exponential (like the sphere grid) and story/character development.

My advice: Borrow it from a friend or go in on it together to pass 1 1/2 months away kicking the crap out of baddies. You'll be happy, your friend will be happy, and you won't think you've wasted $50 US (whatever it is by you) + money for the guide...
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

I know, but his choices are of the two.

So, I picked the best one out of the two. =D

I agree with you on the story, but not on the license board though. That's about it though really. Still, as flawed as it is, it's a bit better than Okami.

If you take Reasons advice (which you should. XD!), still get FFXII. Okami's kind of a waste too. It's got an awesome story, awesome gameplay, and you'll have a good time with it, but only ONCE. Don't buy it! That sounds horrible, but don't! XD
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

Yeah, I usually buy games which I'll play about 3-4 times before taking it back, if I'll get bored after one play-through of Okami then I'll avoid it. I certainly aren't paying £30 for Okami if I'm just going to play it once. =P
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

Then again, you might want to.

The story is so awesome though, I doubt you'd want to hype through the whole game, only to play through it again, knowing what'll happen and being bored.

=P
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

I only ever play through games more than once if it's an RPG, (I've literally played through FFIX 10 times, XD) I don't like the idea of breezing through a game a second time and knowing where everything's placed, how to solve the puzzles, etc.
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

Well, FFXII's for you then.

Okami's good, but has zero replay value. XD

Besides, FFXII is longer. =D
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

FFXII it is then. =P
Now....I have to wait till Friday to get it, dang. XD
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

Yggdrasill said:
FFXII it is then. =P
Now....I have to wait till Friday to get it, dang. XD
Dang. XD

You can still change your mind.

Either a quick, awesome game or a long, fun game.

=D

Sounds hard to choose. XD
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

I've decided to go with FFXII, I've read the walkthrough I have for Okami (Came with a magazine I bought) and it looks too short, I really don't want a game I can beat before the weekend is over. =P
Anyway, by this time tomorrow I'll be playing FFXII, I'll post on here as to what I think it's like tomorrow.
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

Yggdrasill said:
I've decided to go with FFXII, I've read the walkthrough I have for Okami (Came with a magazine I bought) and it looks too short, I really don't want a game I can beat before the weekend is over. =P
Anyway, by this time tomorrow I'll be playing FFXII, I'll post on here as to what I think it's like tomorrow.
If you do everything, it's not short.

Still, FFXII is longer. XD
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

Final Fantasy 12 is the best thye have done in the past couple of years i think, 9 was soso, 10 blew, 10-2 blew even more, 11, well itso nline, doesnt count in my book.

12's graphics are awesome, and the fighting is new and fairly fun. overall i think its a winner, not so long but it was fun.
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

It's probably the weakest FF game since FFVIII. Story is nothing great, the characters show little in the way of development and the battle system allows you to kill most of the story bosses purely with massive attack chains. Not cool, in my book.
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

man......I've just seen it today, i like the battle system development, and the soundtracks weren't bad! is there anythin you don't hate?
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top