Opinions of XII.

Re: Opinions of this game?

ok...thats a start, now how about the game?
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

I got both of them anyway, (Okami and FFXII), I got more than I expected when I traded in Zelda: Twilight princess.
So far FFXII is alright, the battle-system isn't what I expected, they missed out the biggest aspect of a real-time battle system. I'm hoping to play Okami later.
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

i got final fantasy XII yesterday and i strongly say you should buy it. All my friends have been saying it is great and i think with the new battle system it will be one of the best final fantasy's ever made.
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

I'm enjoying this game as I never enjoyed a game before! Really surpasses my expectations.

A bit FFXI-like
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

FFXII sentiments, huh?

I love political struggle (see: FFT), but I think the overal storytelling perspective is what puts me off. Rather than a character-oriented view like past games, FFXII adopts a world-perspective which focuses more on the story than the characters (and to what great effect, I can't say). That only furthers the idea of watching a movie/cinematics instead of using the characters as a 'vessel' to live through. Heck, I could care less if Ashe won the throne or a huge wild saurian bit her head off -- the story, while having enough steam to continue without being overtly boring, ends up being a shallow water that runs...shallow. That's how I feel anyway; there ain't enough to show the characters' in a frame I care about. I admire the game's great historical-type script, but half of it's nonsense if it isn't focusing intently on the characters themselves.

It took me 200+ hours to realize I don't like the game, but I guess one could rack that up to its "charm."
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

Shotgunnova said:
FFXII sentiments, huh?

I love political struggle (see: FFT), but I think the overal storytelling perspective is what puts me off. Rather than a character-oriented view like past games, FFXII adopts a world-perspective which focuses more on the story than the characters (and to what great effect, I can't say). That only furthers the idea of watching a movie/cinematics instead of using the characters as a 'vessel' to live through. Heck, I could care less if Ashe won the throne or a huge wild saurian bit her head off -- the story, while having enough steam to continue without being overtly boring, ends up being a shallow water that runs...shallow. That's how I feel anyway; there ain't enough to show the characters' in a frame I care about. I admire the game's great historical-type script, but half of it's nonsense if it isn't focusing intently on the characters themselves.

It took me 200+ hours to realize I don't like the game, but I guess one could rack that up to its "charm."

;hai

couldn't have said it better mehself! :)
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

I've gotten quite far into it and it still isn't anything special, FFIX still remains to be beaten in my opinion, the battle-system is what really ruined this game.
I really hope Square decide to put the ATB back in when it comes to FFXIII.
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

reasoniamalive said:
Yggdrasill are 3000 gil richzorz! LOL!
I wonder how that happened. XD
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

reasoniamalive said:
:rolleyes:

You know, we really SHOULD stay on topic.

Oh! I've got it! FFX pwns FFXII !

XD
not by alot but it does o.o"

now about staying on topic....i liked all the different races in this game too especially the Viera,so that sorta helped boost my likeness of them game,lol.
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

I brought the game a day after its release date and still haven't played it yet. I'm looking forward to getting around to playing it.

As for what I have seen so far I'm well pleased that they decided to bring back some of the music from the earlier final fantasies to this game.
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

I do hate the fact that they got rid of turn base fighting. That drives me right up the wall!
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

Turn based fighting rules. But I will get used to fighting battles in this game. I got used to it on the gamecube crystal chronicles.
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

Ah that is one game I did not like that was FF and that was Crystal Chronicles...
 
Re: Opinions of this game?

ive only had a brief time to play XII but i wasnt too impressed by it tbh,
doesnt match the other FF's imo
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top