Re: Opinions of this game?
No it doesn't as I said before i hate that turn base is gone.
No it doesn't as I said before i hate that turn base is gone.
but I liked it significantly less than pretty much every other mainline FF game with the possible exception of FFII. It has some serious issues, from both a game play
They are both in my top 5 FFsThroneofDravaris said:I didn't find it awful, but I liked it significantly less than pretty much every other mainline FF game with the possible exception of FFII.
Don't expect it to get better any time soon. It's not until around the 40 hour mark that the games plot really gets going and you have to use more than attack and heal in battles. Of course, it only really changes to "buff>attack>heal" etc but I digress.Drake said:I agree. As far as I can remember, I've logged about 25 (maybe) hours on FF XII now. To me, the combat is somewhat tedious and reptitve. (Perhaps this will change as I gain more abilites-if I can muster up enough enthusiasm to play it). And the camera system is too limiting.
ThroneofDravaris said:Don't expect it to get better any time soon. It's not until around the 40 hour mark that the games plot really gets going and you have to use more than attack and heal in battles. Of course, it only really changes to "buff>attack>heal" etc but I digress.
Honestly, the only reason I continued playing the game to the end was the promise of a particularly entertaining final boss battle. I found it quite surprising that I wasn't disappointed.
It's not until around the 40 hour mark that the games plot really gets going and you have to use more than attack and heal in battles. Of course, it only really changes to "buff>attack>heal" etc but I digress.
Osmose is in the game but it has an MP cost. I've never thought of actually using it, but based on previous games I can't imagine you will be able to draw a lot of MP back. I'll have to test it some time though.Isn't Osmose (or something similar) in the game? In at least one FF game (FF X I think) it didn't cost any MP. Assuming this is true in XII, wouldn't that make Quickenings more useful?
Drake said:Isn't Osmose (or something similar) in the game?
Drake said:Isn't Osmose (or something similar) in the game?
reasoniamalive said:I believe Osmose has been taken out of XII and replaced with the ability: Charge.