Pixelize me Capt'n!

Rorschach

Black Mage
Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
164
RPG Name
Pixeled
Remember back when all the FF characters where composed of tiny dots? I do :D Soo....I decided to try and make one myself, make a larger one.
So far this is how far I've gotten
1.
hijak.jpg

2.
UNT.jpg

3.
UNTLABEL.jpg


So I figured, maybe if you guys wanted to, we could each pick a class or character and each make a pixelized version!! And then at the end we could add them all together and make a party. Maybe even for the brave people, they could put in a pic of themselves in real life, and we could try and pixelize them too. If you do want to do it, please don't just copy and paste/resive a screenshot...
I thought it was kind of fun, but pretty tough, anybody wanna make some pixel people?
 
(is that gilbert? its a good one :) ) id have no idea how to do that, but it looks like fun! i wonder if you could make a cat character...hee hee hee... yeah, this definitely looks interesting :)
 
It's actually not too hard to do. The main problem you get is that you'l make one part of his body too long, and it will mess up the entire thing. What I did is I picked one size of the paint brush, the medium square one, I copyed and pasted the original pic into a new pic, zoomed x8 and basically just copied pixel by pixel (not cut and paste mind you ;) )It's pretty fun ^_^
 
Nice sprite!

I finished one the other day, so if you want to see, I'll post it up, but otherwise I'll just leave it at this:

Nice sprite :). Try shading a little more once you've finished.
 
Oh yes please do post :) it
Ya, I'm not too happy with the shading myself, I messed up on some of the proportion, so some of the shading got wayyy messed up ><
 
Sorry about the double post but this is going to be pretty long so...
Final Bard:
FinalBard.jpg

Locke1:
Thief.jpg

Locke Final:
LockeFinal.jpg

BlackMage1:
BlckMage.jpg
 
hee hee...nice locke :) (just got past the opera part)

are you going to try and do some monster sprites?(er...palletes?whatever theyre called..) thatd be a long time though...try a chaos if you do :D

add on: funny..im not good at thieving :confused: ;) the funny post games are paying off...
 
Last edited:
Ya, I'm going to try and do some monster sprites, I got a few, I plan to finish the black mage and do a Mog one before though..
 
I zoomed into the orignal, and using the square bush tool in paint, re made them pixel by pixel :)
 
Hmm, sorry about the double post...again <_< but theres 4 of them, and 3 of em are kinda large...
The Latest:
MageF.jpg

Tails1.jpg

Tails2.jpg

MogP.jpg
 
Rorschach said:
Hmm, sorry about the double post...again <_< but theres 4 of them, and 3 of em are kinda large...
The Latest:
MageF.jpg

Tails1.jpg

Tails2.jpg

TailsF.jpg

MAXED OUT
See next post
 
Ya thats Tails.
You wanna see something really cool?
Save the final Tails pic to ur comp. go inot paint and put a box around him (the selection box) and do sketch/skew 20% or so. It really shows you how all the boxes blend together to make it look smooth :)

I'm gonna try and do some type of monster/baddie now, but a lot of them have very many dif color pixels scruntched together, which is kind of hard to do, I'm still trying to find a simple one...
 
....to have the pixels enlargened, isn't there a much easier way?
You select the image, you change the size to somewhat smaller. You save the smaller image. THEN you enlarge it again, and you have a pixelized version of the same image. Isn't this true? You can do this in the simple programs, like in Paint :rolleyes:
Then you wouldn't have to go the manual enlarging of the actual squares. :cool:Or would that be the meaning of it all? That you'ld do it all manually?
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top