Plagiarism?

Spec Highwind

The Portuguese Dragoon
Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
3,206
Age
33
Location
Arubboth, the afterlife
Occupation
Dragoon
RPG Name
Spec Highwind
Have you played Dragon Quest VIII? Didn't you notice lots of similarities between its characters and FFVI's?

Main Characters:

A Thief (Locke?)
A girl who doesn't have any friends (ok, she HAD one friend :P) (Celes?)
A Gambler (Setzer?)

The Villains:

A Clown who likes to laugh like "Muahahahahaha" (Kefka?)
The first two bosses, two stupid aquatic fiends (Ultros?)

I started playing DQ8 something like 3 or 4 days ago... If I happen to notice anything else, I'll tell you...

[Well... they were made by the same entreprise :P (Squaresoft/Square-Enix)]
 
Well it is made by square... so i dont think they will need to worry about plagerism. But i do see where you get the similarities freom.
 
A lot of the dragon quest games have similarities with final fantasy. Especially the earlier dragon quests and the earlier final fantasies in respect to their animation
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top