Poems!!!!!

Lots of talent in this thread. Now I"m going to ruin that run by posting something I wrote for another site. The story behind it, which is necessary for the poem to make sense, is imagine a great war involving many groups, but one group, ours, is neutral. There is discord within that group whether to stay neutral or join the war to help friend groups who are being defeated by a much larger and stronger enemy. The eagle is the symbol and mascot for our group.

The Eagle

On the edge of the precipice, a lone man stands
staring into the gloom below

Should he leap forth from his safe solid perch
and plummet down into the unknown

How did I get here, he thinks to himself
why can't I walk away?

What keeps me here, right on the rim?
can somebody please explain?

I watched the others stumble, leap or fall
down into that deep abyss

My friends, my enemies, one by one
till only I am left

I called out to them, and begged them no
don't leave me alone I cried

It is safe here at the top of the cliff
nobody needs to die

I hear them now, way down there
the prayers, the insults, and screams

Some begging for help, some cursing my name
and some warning me to leave

Pain and anger, joy and hope
take turns to float up to me

I feel the despair, and the satisfaction
in defeat or victory

What brought us all here to this accursed cliff?
that has ripped my soul in two

why must I choose to stand or fall?
when will I know what to do?

The lone man ponders on this for a while
as the sounds below became strident

Finally, he looks up at the sky
and sees a magnificent eagle flying

It is big, beautiful, bold, and free
neither asking permission nor giving

The lone man watches the bird with awe
and feels something within him brimming

The eagle looks down, right at the man
straight into his very heart

The loan man feels its presence there
and his gloom begins to depart

I know now what to do, he thinks to himself
the answer is clear as the sea

Follow the others, or not perhaps
but that decision is up to me

The leap is long and the fall is hard
Of my choice, I need to be sure

Because if do this wrong, either way
I won't be much help at all

The lone man slowly takes two steps back
away from the edge of the cliff

As the eagle circles high over his head
screeching its relief
 
^ THAT was absolutely brilliant. You have superb talent.

And as for me, I have a poem...It's in my signature, actually. In english it reads:

Twilight reigns, fading into sky.
Darkness falls, you are there waiting.
I cannot see, for the night consumes my sight.
Crying, weeping, I cannot find you.
Your light is there, and mine is already gone.
 
Doctor Faust said:
^ THAT was absolutely brilliant. You have superb talent.

And as for me, I have a poem...It's in my signature, actually. In english it reads:

Twilight reigns, fading into sky.
Darkness falls, you are there waiting.
I cannot see, for the night consumes my sight.
Crying, weeping, I cannot find you.
Your light is there, and mine is already gone.
I second that. That was magnificent. O.o
 
The Shadow

A shadow hides behind me,
Creeping as I walk,
Growing ever closer,
Careful not to talk.
The sun sets in the distance,
Dusk moving in,
I turn to see the shadow's face,
Break out into a grin.
"Why do you follow me," I ask,
"At this time of night, what have you to do?"
The shadow answered, his laughter wicked,
"The nightmares I carry tonight, are especially for you!"
I sprint down the street,
My heart filled with fear,
"My darkest dreams, my thoughts of dread,
They have found me, they are here!"
Over fences and through bushes I run,
My face drenched in cold sweat,
The shadow's hand brushing my cheek;
But I have not been caught, not quite just yet!
For I have reached my home,
And I dart through the open door,
I quickly shut it; but no sigh of relief am I given,
For the shadow, my relentless pursuer,
Lies, his cackle ringing, his smile ever wider, on the floor.
-------
This was my first real attempt at a rhyming scheme. I thought I did a decent job, but it's not the best thing...The idea came from the fact that I hate walking home, alone, in the dark. I always feel as if I'm being watched, and whatever it is, it would chase me down no matter where I went. So I guess that's what sparked this poem...
 
Last edited:
jedi geoff said:
hehe heres one by me about me:

There once was a man named geoff
he had a sexy chest :D
all the girls liked him
they wanted to PASH HIM :D :D :D
and he wasnt a very good chef

its a limerick :)

Not a perfect limerick, but alright XD
-----------------------
What defines me?
Is it the way I see things,
The way I look at the world
And its imperfections?

What defines me?
Is it how I hear when people speak
Of the things that matter,
And the things that do not?

What defines me?
Is it the subtle guestures,
Or the outstanding actions
That I use to try to make a difference?

What defines me?
Is it the daily things I do
To make my way through life,
And to try to achieve happiness?

What defines how I feel?
Is it the way you caress my face,
Or how my lips press against yours,
And that I think that no matter what I am,
All I need is my love for you?
-----------
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top