poll: coolest name

Which main character has the coolest name?

  • Firion

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Kain

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Bartz

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Locke

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Cloud

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Squall

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Zidane

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Tidus

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Ashe

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Basch

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
When I hear Tidus I think of 'tide', ie, it would be a water-themed name.
 
I chose Kain, just 'cause it reminds me so much of Caine (from the Whitewolf RPG Vampire: the Masquerade)
 
Last edited:
.....i made a big mistake :D well, two :D

the main character from FF6 is, well, Terra, not Locke...

and the main c. from FF4 is Cecil, not Kain.

damn :( ........
 
Did anyone but me pick Squall? :( If you look it up in the dictonary it will say a sudden squeel or scream :eek: .
 
Last edited:
Well, not many have voted, but till now your the only one. I've always found Squall a strange name. Cool, maybe, but i don't think it's a pleasant name :cool:
 
cloud and squall are like references to real life clouds. I was expecting the main character from ff9 to have a similar themed name but was wrong.

As for the names for this thread I'm gonna go with Kain.
 
Zeromus_X said:
he means "tidus" (which i guess is a sun-themed name? ) most people say "TIE-dus", while in kingdom hearts its pronounced "TEE-dus"

(i think the KH pronunciations sound weird...0_o;)
Tidus means "sun" in Okinawan xD (which is like japanese, but a different language... they're both in the Japonic language family)
 
I went ahead with Squall--it's the most unique sounding, not something that you would often expect the name of a main hero to be. And plus, Squall kicks everyone else's asses (except for maybe Cap'n Basch...)
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top