Power levelling

dappa

Sage
Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
1,778
Age
48
Location
Zanarkand Ruins (ok I live in the UK)
Occupation
car sales
RPG Name
Leon
What sort of a final fantasy game player are you?

Are you one who just plays through the game as the developers intended or are you a powerleveller who creates characters which are almost gods.

On my first play I tend to play the game as it is, then on my second game I try to create the ultimate team.

What about you guys? What are your fellings on this?

discuss
 
i play through expecting to do the ultimate team but never end up doing it
 
I beat it once to get past it, twice to get everything, and the third time, I try to power level. That applies to almost every RPG I play. XDD
 
i play to get through the game...but try to lvl up as much as i can....i neva reach lvl99 tho, usually about 80+ or sumfin
but on my second play thru, i try and get everything and max out my characters
 
I think Dappa made this thread for me... :D

...or perhaps I shouldn't be so big-headded. I dunno. XD

Powerleveling is my life. Literally ._.'' Ha! In every game I play I try to get everything possible - I feel like its the best way to enjoy a game.

Low-level challenges just don't do it for me. Sure - it's difficult, and you may even spend MORE time because of random battle resets, bosses pwning you, etc., but I think that the full spread is best. w00t!
 
power leveled spam, lol , no tah

power levelling rocks

sometimes i find it necessary so i can take on some of the optional super bosses

Forget them low level challenges against superbosses I want to even up the odds
 
Hydra said:
I beat it once to get past it, twice to get everything, and the third time, I try to power level. That applies to almost every RPG I play. XDD
exactly what i do :D :p i normally copy my data like three times to make it a bit easiier :rolleyes: yeah im a dork but on the godlike data i have to get the last level. no game shark please :p


Mod Edit: Just a reminder that '13375p33k' or leet speak has been banned in all areas except Spamtastic.

Thank ye!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing ID like about power-leveling is that it makes the ending of games too simple...typically, when your characters are all lvl 99 and know almost every ability in the game, its too easy to put a whoopin on the last boss. Game developers should make it so the boss' difficulty rises as you level. Just MO.
 
I usually just do a straightforward playthrough, then I go back to a save before the end of the game and I try to do as many sidequests as I can. In the process, I eventually end up becoming a very high level. Or I just purposely power level, regardless of how many times I've played through the game. =]
 
i'd love it if they made the final bosses just as powerfull as the super bosses. I'd get a kick out of that due to the challenge
That'd be awesome.

I can just see it. Having to powerlevel to beat a story boss.

I'd squeal in delight if an RPG ever game out like that, and it was decent. :3
 
Its just funny that most people, when it comes to RPGs, see a boss.....like Yaizmat on XII for example, or Nemesis on the US version of X and think ''OMG! No wais am I gonna EVER go through everything one would have to do to PWN THAT guy...'' And we're all like "OMGYES - finally! Someone WORTH my Pwning!! ^^;
 
Adds more spice to the game too.

I can plow through a lot of FF bosses by powerleveling, but once I try any post game sidequest, I get my butt handed to me in a few turns, just recently beating the "super tough" Final Boss. xD

Man, if real Final Bosses were like that.....

Square Enix should make a game like that. Maybe not a Final Fantasy like that yet, but just to see how it'd do.
 
I never try to 'power level' if at all necessary, since I believe a preparation and strategy are more important when it comes to beating a certain boss, although sometimes it is fun to max out my characters just for fun when I've done everything else. Otherwise, I don't really enjoy powerleveling or see it necessary.
 
I like to play through as fast as I can first go so I can focus on the story then second play I make my big giant geek save :p
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top