Powerleveling in FF6: Lete River

locke cole

Freelancer
Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2007
Messages
45
RPG Name
Kota of Cie
in final fantasy 3[us] the lete river in the WOB is perfect for levleing just keep pressing A [ or use a turbo controller] if using the turbo controller just keep it on for one day with banon using his health technique and edgar using auto crossbow you will be at level 99 very fast.
 
Re: ff3 leveling guide for snes

Yeah I've heard that one before, I might try it one day. It works on the psone version too. I dont think the gba version though.
 
Re: ff3 leveling guide for snes

I don't recommend this trick, as you're

A.) Already making the game even easier than it already is

and

B.) Making your characters miss out on valuable Esper level up stat boosts later in the game.
 
Re: ff3 leveling guide for snes

i usually use this trick to get my charecters to level 15 to 20 area it makes the narshe fight alot easier
 
Re: ff3 leveling guide for snes

The Narshe fight is pretty easy with Gau alone. I don't see why you'd want to miss out on five to ten level up boosts when you could simply use Celes's Runic and Gau's Stray Cat Rage, and maybe Edgar's Bio Blaster to mow down the imperial forces.
 
Re: ff3 leveling guide for snes

Runic makes the narshe battle a doddle anyway so zeros advice is right.

I didn't figure that out though til my second play of the game.

As for powerlevelling my fave is to go to the forest where the bracosaur lives (above the veldt in the world of ruin) and fight with only one member in my party. Atma weapon and offering will put paid to all those tyranos and bracosaurs

Watch your levels go up fast, even faster if you have an exp egg equipped.
 
Last edited:
Re: ff3 leveling guide for snes

-_-; I'm too much of a woose to fight alone in the dino forest. :p

I go in with a party of two...

...anyway - back on topic: I really hear what Zero is saying: I'd prefer the level bonuses. This playthrough, I leveled a little too much at that point in the game and later I regretted not having all those stat bonuses.
 
You wanna see them stats once they start getting to the late 120's, once you get to around 128 or 129 switch to another stat and start upping it using the bonuses. Most attributes get capped at around those levels apart from a few.

My weakest spells were hitting for like 3000hp damage. Only drawback was that it can get boring with all middle level spells and high level spells always hitting for 9999hp regardless of the said enemies stats.
 
Yeah... -_-;

...the only stat I'm raising to obsene levels (above 100) is strength for Sabin...but he also has a pretty decent Magic stat (like 60 or so.) Otherwise - the rest of my characters are well-balanced. Terra has a high Magic stat as well - but that's....kinda her thing, right? o_o
 
It wouldn't be a bad idea to raise Sabin's magic a little bit, since the majority of his Blitzes are magic-based attacks.

And yeah, go the magic route for Terra, although strength is good too (although irrelevant if using Ultima Weapon with high HP). She can become a monster when Tranced/Morphed as it is...now imagine the ownage with maxed out stats.

Basically, I'd only concentrate on Attack and Magic, Stamina and Speed are relatively worthless (Stamina, unlike other games, doesn't affect HP growth. It only effects how badly poison hurts you, and how much HP you gain from the Tintanabar/Tintanibulum/Cat's Bell). And there isn't a noticeable difference in the rate at which the ATB bar fills up at the highest levels, which is why Speed isn't very useful. Just throwing it out there.
 
All my characters are at levell 99 and have riddiculous stats for magic and attack, they all might aswell be the same.

Though at the start of the game they all have noticeable differences.

I like fire shields and the merton spell
 
Yeah alright then, lol lets mention a high mblock stat caused by all that aegis and force armour then. Forget the strongest armour and stuff. ;)
 
Last edited:
Lol, I still pumped up my Magic Evasion like crazy in the GBA version. Physical attacks really hurt, but at least my characters dodged magic like it were nothing! :p
 
Force Equipment, Paladin's Shield, all of the stuff that you used in the original game to maximize your magic evasion (in the original, magic evasion counted towards both physical and magical attacks for whatever reason). This was fixed in the GBA version, so that's why I mentioned how much physical attacks hurt. Thank goodness for Golem!
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top