Public Event(s)

Hydra

3, 2, 1, Let's Jam
Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
8,560
Location
Maryland
Website
gamefaqs.com
Occupation
Student
RPG Name
HeavensCloudX
Now, as you know, FFNet is getting a big revamp around the time of November 30th. But what exactly are we supposed to do in the meantime? Just wait around, and go out socially to wait for it? (I would, but hey, I'm not everyone.;])

So, I propose we have a big social event. Kind of like Avathars Wrestling idea. Y'know, minus all the hard work. :D I don't have Photoshop anymore, so I couldn't participate in the imagery. But I'm sure someone here would. This isn't nearly official yet, just so you know. I'm just posting this to conjure up some ideas on WHAT the event should be like. Prizes and all.

I'll get my fellow moderators..(I'm looking at YOU Luis & John. :]) to help me once we find out a project to do. We could all invite people from other places on the interwebs before the event, so they can participate too. As well as a fun time, this could really boost our activity if it goes successfully. Or maybe we can just scratch the event completely and go on with our normal lives until the update.

It's all up to you guys. I would've put this in a poll, but I need some general comments before I make a poll. If it's even necessary. I have feeling you guys will support the idea..but being spontaneous wouldn't really help us much right now when we're recovering. ^___^ We need planned out ideas. And this is one. So, what do you all think?
 
Read.

^_^

I'll rephrase the before part though. It'll probably get that long just conjure up the idea and plan it.

So, probably after the update. I guess it's not a time waster after all then. ._. But we can still do it. =D
 
Wow, you're fast! o.o

I meant if you had some topics and stuff like that, not a general idea of what to come.

Well, you've got my support, but I can't think on anything right now...

Lol, scratch that. ;P

Well, since this forum is about Final Fantasy and all... why not have a kind of general FF quiz, about all FFs and, whoever got the most correct answers, would win!

I was thinking... someone who doesn't want to participate in it could make the questions (he could make them up or search information on the internet), as long as they're minimally logical and not too detailed like "Who said blah,blah blah", or "Who did this after character X did that" (unless it's something important for the plot/storyline). Questions like monster descriptions are out of the question, since they vary from FF to FF.

The question would be posted in a board to define, in the form of a poll, with some answer possibilities. The last option could be "other", if you think non are correct, or if you think there is one that is true, but incomplete. You could see who voted on which answer (however, I see some flaws in this). There would be a time limit to answer each question, like 2 or 3 days for each, then both the poll and the thread would be closed, scores tallied and, after that, the correct answer given in the next thread.

What do you think?
 
Last edited:
:]

Good point.

Maybe we need more members to do a big event. I'll leave this open for a little while. If we don't see results, I'll close it, and dig it up again when this place is prospering, so we have more ideas.

Sound good?
 
Too easy.

People can just use the internet to answer the questions. We need something orginal and fun for all members. It's a lot harder than it looks. XD Go check out Avathar's FFNet Madness topic in Spamtastic. We're aiming for something that big.

It may not matter the length it takes to get there, but we do need another "Major Event". =D
 
LOL!

Okay, I said the reason why not to do that in my own post and I didn't notice it. >.>

P.S.: Do you have a link to the thread? xD
 
Thanks. :P

(10 minutes later)

Avathar said:
richboywonder said:
i vote for griever and hydra.
xD

Are you serious, lad? -_-

Kat said:
hmm i vote Griever then,even tho it was a hard choice :D
(edited later on to this)

Hydra said:
Avathar said:
Not you too. -__-

*SIGH*

:p

You can't vote for both Griever and Hydra, since they're battling agains EACHOTHER. :p

You have to pick either Hydra or Griever.

AND

Vote for either Da Chink or darkshadow.

xD Is it that hard?
XD I lol'd. o_o

And since we can't vote for each other, I picked Griever anyway.

Would've voted for him either way. <3

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

If it's gonna be like this, then it'll be a lot of laughs! XD
 
Lollerskates. XD

Yeah. It was a really fun time. But the host (Almighty Avathar ;]) never has time for FFNet anymore. So, we can't continue it. So..we're not trying to imitate it or anything. Just live up to the hype and epicness of it. =D
 
Developing a site ritual would make it more unique and warm, and a contest would easily be a magnet for people.

Sorry, no ideas especially since I'm still green here.
 
Phoenix Flame said:
*Grins* Prettiest guy/gurl contest was cool....except for all the 1/2 naked Asains running amuck. Good times there Jake. = 3
It took people a while to get used to it. It's like they're being judged by the guys, and vice versa. If you were judged on your looks, and some person beat you out, even your self esteem would drop a little. x3

We need something casual, with voting. Like, we could have a food contest. A member could represent their favorite food, and we could vote on the foods. FOR SURPREME FOOD. O_O

Something like that. Maybe not with food though. XD That's where you guys come in.
 
Mm...I like the Final Fantasy quiz idea...I like it quite a lot.

However...I think there should be some sort of contest for designing a new banner, or something..just a thought...<_<

Hell, a whole bunch of events should take place and be thrown together, but it would take some work. I still like the quiz idea the best, though..=]

No prettiest guys/girls shit, though..blech. The whole "best food" idea would be amusing, humorous. X3 Or whatever else.

It's not really up to me, though...I'm just sayin'.
 
i like th whole quiz idea...id definatly take part in that...but id miss a few questions coz i dun get on all that much anymore which sux, but i try my best
 
My idea would be: Three, four or five people writing a FF-like story with people from FFNET.

To create a Final Fantasy atmosphere I suggest some topics:

There would have to be a main male character with a sword, a princess or something like that (Kat?), a wizard, etc.

The story couldn't start with all the characters, they should be added as it develops.

There would be crystals.

Chocobos.

Moogles.

Dragoons (please? ;_;)

Now I don't have time for this, but if the idea is accepted, I will think of more stuff...
 
That is 'already' underway if you check the RP section:

- FF theme "Final Fantasy Rebellion"
- Map designed here
- Character registration is open (you can register as yourself if you want here) for anyone intrested.
 
no, this would be something different from that, with only the most most most important members as the main characters.
 
oh....

I see.

A least I got to spread the word about the RP, however..

edited:

I got an idea while surfing the forum
How about a poll about the most famous trademark of members in FFnet?

ex: (from random posts I've seen)
Empress Crystal loves MC the max
Blackstar loves Dir en grey
Kat and Hydra love using smilies

Those samples may not be accurate, but I'm sure you can decide some better ones, in fact you can make matches to compare them (similar to Hydra's linked thread) and no one's self-esteem will be hurt (hopefully).
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top