Quickenings and Espers thread

Max the Man

Dragoon
Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2005
Messages
370
Age
34
Location
in front of my computer
Website
www.maxtheman.proboards54.com
Occupation
Student
RPG Name
Maximilian
Quickenings and Espers

I am not very far, as far as I know, into FFXII. I'm currently wandering around the Ozmone Plains trying to level up past level 30 before I venture into the Henne Mines. I have 2 quickenings and one Esper. And I was wondering... who here uses Quickenings? I've only got 2, Feral Strike and Fulminating Darkness, and then Ashe I've given Belias (cause it made sense to me XDDD) so I was curious... who in your party has quickenings and espers?
 
Re: Quickenings and Espers

Ashe, Basch, and Fran all have three Quickenings. The rest of the party members have one Quickening so I can use them as mist catalysts in battle if I need to finish of a boss or something. Ashe has Belias and Mateus (the legacies of Raithwall), and Fran has Shemhazai. I plan on giving Basch Zeromus when I finally obtain him.

I haven't been paying attention to most of the Espers though. xD For Zeromus, I just couldn't kill him, because he stops everyone from using magic, so I had to rely on X-Potions and he summons six Dark Lords and grargh. I'll have to try again some other time.
 
Re: Quickenings and Espers

Dont worry about the henne mines too much. I'm level 23 and i just finished the mines with ease.

For me, i have everybody with 2 quickenings and i have one esper. I never use him though, i find quickenings much more useful.
 
Re: Quickenings and Espers

Everyone in my party has two Quickenings and Basch has my only Esper. I battle ordinarily with my characters. When a boss begins to use more powerful attacks (usually after half of their HP is depleted) I break out my first chain of Quickenings. I usually get an 8+ combo. This takes most of the HP away from the boss.

If I happen to screw up my Quickening combo, I pull out Basch and summon Belias. I fight with them until either of them dies. Then, if my potions or MP get low (low as in almost not enough to preform a Rank I Quickening) I use the Quickening combos.

If I screw that up, then I pull out an ether to heal my party leader's MP. Then I take off his/her magick gambits and attack to charge MP (I have the augmentation licenses to gain MP as I take/give damage) and use my Quickenings again. I'll usually be able to pull a 4+ combo through Mist Charges.

This has worked for me everytime (my characters are 26, 28, 27, 28, 27, 26) including in the Henne Mines.
 
Re: Quickenings and Espers

reasoniamalive said:
I'm at Arcades - at 31 hrs. Every character has 3 MQs and 0 espers right now. I don't see me using them much until later in the game (maybe.)
I don't know about using Espers as a main source of attacking, but I do thing they are good for absorbing damage. You can let your Esper attack a boss and you can cast cure on it. Keep running around the arena as well as attacking the boss for MP charging. It's slow, but it does a considerable amount of damage.
 
Re: Quickenings and Espers

I got all my Quickenings as soon as possible, and use them all the time. Espers haven't been very good to me, they usually die quickly.
 
Re: Quickenings and Espers

I have all espers but zodiark almost all the marks except Behetmoth king,fafnir,lindwyrm,and . almost all the hunts and i did every event but the rare fishing rod. and im at the last part of the game I'm trieing to fisnish everything up b4 i beat the last part. my top three strongest characters are lvl 65-70 and my weakest 55-60. I also have all the quickenings and almost all the license blocks.
 
Last edited:
Re: Quickenings and Espers

I am currently past Archades, on my way to the Feywood...

All of my characters have 2 quickenings except for Fran (she only has 1.) It's hard to get to a quickening when you have to buy liscences for bunch of other stuff you don't even want to use...

I only have 2 espers. >_> but I find them to be quite useless...unless I happen to find a powerful one...

Vann is level 41, and the rest of my characters are leveled in their 30's (I'm trying to catch them up)
 
Re: Quickenings and Espers

I am at level 23 and I have all three quickenings on Basch, Fran, Balthier, and Vaan. Ashe and Penelo have two. Ashe has Belias, although I rarely use him. I am heading into the Stilshrine. I am about to go kill the trickster. I have been doing most of my marks. The trickster isn't hard at all. I took a stab at him without Larsa in my party and got him down to at least 10% health. He Choco-Comet-ed me though. I am going to go back and Quicken his ass. I get up to 15-chain at max and average at about 12, so I pretty much mess him up.
 
Re: Quickenings and Espers

I'm having trouble w/Zodiark. Anyone own him yet? Got a strategy? I've searched gamefaqs and don't like the idea of having to get 3 black masks (besides, Darkja KO's your characters randomly anyway so I don't see the point.) I'm on level 90 w/three characters and around 65 with other three. Using Bubble belts, zodiac spear, save the queen and Ultima sword. He keeps putting up that stupid perfect barrier and I die before it goes down.
 
Re: Quickenings and Espers

13 I think Kat. Umm... Is there RLY a use for the damn espers?

I didn't use them at all the whole game through. Did anyone else find times they were particularly helpful? :confused:
 
Re: Quickenings and Espers

Just using Belias when you first obtain him. To knock away the weaklings, since you're probably one yourself that early in the game. =O
 
Re: Quickenings and Espers

reasoniamalive said:
13 I think Kat. Umm... Is there RLY a use for the damn espers?

I didn't use them at all the whole game through. Did anyone else find times they were particularly helpful? :confused:
*rawr*
i was just curious jeez =\
but you HAVE ro use Belias at least once in the whole game or you won't beat it :p
 
Re: Quickenings and Espers

reasoniamalive said:
I wasn't knockin you! I was just saying...

And when do you HAVE to use em? :confused:
when do you use the espers?
or when do you use Belias?
the only time i ever used him was to open the gate to Giruvegan..but other wise i never do use my espers.
 
Re: Quickenings and Espers

Kat said:
when do you use the espers?
or when do you use Belias?
the only time i ever used him was to open the gate to Giruvegan..but other wise i never do use my espers.

Yeah! I did that last night. I forgot about that Gigas gate. I didn't even have him licensed to anyone... or any Esper for that matter = O
 
Re: Quickenings and Espers

reasoniamalive said:
Yeah! I did that last night. I forgot about that Gigas gate. I didn't even have him licensed to anyone... or any Esper for that matter = O
O_O
jeez,lol!
i did that as soon as i got them :p
all my license boards are maxed out now though....=D
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top