Quickenings and Espers thread

Re: Quickenings and Espers

I waited my first time through till I saw how they looked/what they did when you summoned them...then I waited some more. :p

Really - the only one I liked and used my first play through was Zalera - the Death Seraph!

Rock on! w00t!
 
Quickenings

Quickenings are a great attack if you can chain them whats your biggest chain i got 13 and then an attack i cant remember the name something to do with wind did like 20k damage thats the most ive had so far!, is correct i should only have 1 esper when you reach the jungle?
 
Re: Quickenings

>< I HATE MQs - they are a waste of good MP IMO. I'd rather duke it out with an enemy until they drop...although they can be useful rarely *cough* Zodiark *cough cough* = D


Actually - you can obtain up to three more if you are leveled enough...

One can be fought in the Barheim Passage.

One can be fought in Rabanastre - in the sewers.

The last one can be fought in the Zertinan Caverns.

;) Don't fight the Rabanastre one unless you're ready for some bad statuses. I'd wait until you get the bubble spell/bubble belts until you fight em.
 
Last edited:
Re: Quickenings and Espers

I use my Espers whenever I get too swarmed by enemies. They can be useful depending on how you play the game. I try to use everything I have at my disposal to the advantage, even if it seems like I don't really need anything in particular.

I LOVE Quickenings. They are not only useful, they are NECESSARY. I have found it near impossible to defeat some enemies without weakening them with a powerful Quickening chain. (The Mandragoras boss fight is a good example. Hard as hell unless you're at a reasonable level, say in your late 30's early 40's...maybe. Those little annoying bastards. XDD ) And on top of that, Quickenings are awesome to watch. XD But you need GOOD, and I mean GOOD reflexes to build up a high chain...the highest I've ever gotten was 10 attacks, I think...I'm pretty slow. @@
 
Re: Quickenings and Espers

copy/paste of a post of mine on another forum:

ThroneofDravaris said:
Quickenings are ridiuclously game-breakingly powerful if used correctly. I was able to take out most of the story bosses purely with quickening chains once I had learned the vast majority of them.

The best way to use them effectively is to make sure you keep all 6 of the characters at around the same level as you play. When you get into a boss battle, unload a quickening chain in the usual manner while trying to get as many hits in as possible. Once it's over, trade out one character with a fresh one, and start another chain with that character. Due to the way the system operates, the other character still randomly receive mist charges even after their MP has been depleted, so you should be able to build up another chain of very similar length to that of a party with full MP.

Rinse and repeat for the other two reserved characters and you'll have set off 4 quickening chains. As long as you build them all to at least an average length (which, statistically speaking, you should) there isn't a whole lot that can stand against it (once again, in the story section of the game. Marks will mop the floor with you if you try this stratagy).

Summons, however, I found as useless as most other people.
 
Quickening chains

I think there is skill to this but its pretty much impossible to do the chain when you get to about 15/16 hits thats the most ive had any body had more?
 
Re: Quickening chains

I was able to build it up to about 21 hits once. The most I've ever gotten against a boss was only about 17 though.
 
I think my highest was about 20 or so. I don't know how all these crazy people get up to 50 (they probably use the lowest level Quickenings at first so the guage doesn't deplete so fast). I did get a 15 hit chain with just two characters before though.
 
Isn't anything beyond...like....21-25 impossible??? The gauge goes down so fast it's almost impossible to hit 'Mist Charge' and then the next quickening in time after you get that far up there. I haven't seen anyone do beyond 21 yet.
 
There must be some secret the experts know about. Heck, I just wish I get to see Black Hole in this lifetime. xD 99 hits is the maximum, of course that's physically impossible for any person to do without cheating.
 
20 odd thousand it did for me and im only at jahara
 
It only does a max of about 60K Dmg...as much as Dark Matter. :p

If you really want to see Black Hole, Watch Darkja - its the same thing, only with an esper in the middle of it.....oh - and its AT your party,...instead of FROM your party. = P
 
ive dun 60K dmage using Quickenings and ive never seen Dark Hole...da best 1 ive seen is Luminesence, da holy 1...biggest chain i got is 19 and i always use my lvl 3 1's first...ive never changed vaan outa my party (even tho he's a panzy, i jus c him as a main character, and i cant play a ff wifout 1 character being in my party all the time)...im and pharos i think its called, havnt played it in bout 2 months and vann is lvl 62, every1 else is bout 47-49...ive done almost all the marks i can at the point of the game im at, but i cant get any good weapons coz i stuffed up to much while playing early in the game...i think ive got 6 espers, so im jus goin round gettin all the 1's i can...not really that hard in my opinion...ive used quickenings against every boss at the start of the battle and killed him instantly every time...took me 4eva to get exodus, i dunno if i wanna try zeromus, i'll get pwnd
 
I have two espers, I dont use them very much but tend to bring them out when I am swamped with enemies and my party is hurting.

I like to summon them from time to time just so I get to see them.

Is the strength of an esper linked to the stats of the character who summoned it? I'd love to know the answer to that one.
 
...in a way.

Its true that the strength of any Esper is tied to the strength of the summoner...but unlike FFX - these are specific only to levels. If Vaan summons Belias (for example) and Vaan is level 30 then Belias will also be level 30. The HP/MP/stats are all linear in this way - much as you cannot effect how your characters HP/MP/stats increase as they level (which blows IMO) you cannot effect how your Espers stats increase either. = P~
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top