I just noticed (ok so I noticed a while ago) but the smileys have a fuzy white part around them that just looks kinda icky, so I'm play around wit them in photoshop and see if I can get em all to work ok
Hmmm, I'l try and fix em, I can't figure out how to do transparency in Photoshop, cause I'm dumb like that <_<, but I'l see if I can change the backround to black or something dark like that...
1) take a screenshot of the forums, sample the background color then paint around the edges.
or..
2) grab the polygonal lasso tool, draw around the edges so you get the white bits withing the lines then press backspace on your keyboard to delete the selected area and then save the image as a Gif.
Deleteing the white bits then saveing it as a Gif. is trancparency..
When you select some pixels and hit delete your deleteing the pixels p) which causes transparences becuse theres no data left in that area, the Gif. file format saves the pixels as being deleted where as other file formats fill in the pixels again.