remake ff7 on ps3

Big rumours are going around that they are. I, personally, don't know, but I wish. ^_^
 
There is a tech demo of the intro for final fantasy 7 for ps3. I saw it on a final fantasy website though I cant remember which one. I also heard they have binned the project due to the fact it would take years to complete it.
 
It would be nice, but I think that it is just a rumour. It was the same when the ps2 came out, lots of romours about a remake for the ps2. I really hope it would come but I doubt it.
 
ive actually heard that its true yes it hasnt been confirmed yet but i have a feeling that its true but they have brought out pictures of what cloud will look like and it is sweet! if it is true i will definetly be getting it!
 
Square have announced lot's of times that FF7 will never be remade for the PS3.

Here is a direct quote from IGN: "Unfortunately for Final Fantasy fans all over the world, Square Enix President Yoichi Wada stated after the demo's airing that it was meant for display purposes only and was not proof of an actual remake of the original game."

All Square gained in the tech-demo was showing PS3's true potential and it may be a hint of how good FFXIII's graphics are in-game.
 
They haven't "officially" confirmed it, but eventually you know they'll make it and when they do, it will be a new era for all FF7 fans everywhere!
 
I had no clue people still thought that there was going to be a remake!?

I'll explain what started these rumors.

At E3 a year or two ago Square showed the ending movie of FF7 in new graphics. This got everyone peeing in their pants because they thought Square was making an FF7 remake. Square quickly said they weren't and that the movie shown at E3 was for FF7AC, which it was. Gaming Magazines and forums still jumped on the idea and claimed that Square was remaking FF7 to go along with the release of the PS3. Its just a bunch of rumors made by either jurks who want to get you hopes up, or people that beleived those jerks.

Though everyone wants a remake it isn't happening anytime soon. (It would take at least 2 years to make a re-make and since Square hasn't even started and has other stuffs to do for the PS3 there is no time for a remake) :( :( :(
 
I sure hope to God that there isn't a remake of FF7...

Why do they always have to take the original charm out of something by remaking ot or doing a sequel? (KH and KH2 excepted XP those were really good games.)

Plus, there's so much FF7 stuff already; can't they give it a rest?
 
Because VII - to many people (obviously, not everyone - others prefer VI, VIII, etc.) - FFVII is the ultimate. It was the first FF I bought with my own dinero, first I got to lvl 99 on, first to complete (got everything in - ie. the perfect game) first FF I played that I could really identify with the characters and really get into...

So that's why many fans of VII would like to see it 'digitally remastered.' :p XD
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top