remake ff7 on ps3

the only change id like to see if they did a remake would be graphically. tht would indeed rock hard....:D:D.......but plz dont add voices and ruin it :(
 
I would like it better if they don't make a remake but a sequel and the only thing that will be changed is the graphics ot the gameplay...
 
They should do a spin-off/prequel/remake of FFIX because it deserves a lot more credit than most people give it. Plus, I'm real sick of seeing games associated with FFVII, it's had it's time, they should really move onto FFVIII and FFIX.
 
VIII yes i agree give it glory...........IX.......NO it was awful. you'll find there are only two type of people. those who love FFIX and those who dispise it.....no one in the middle (this is not a que for people to come in and controdict me :p) and im a despiser :D it was too corny for my liking......give VIII its sequel if you really think it can be sequelled (to be honest FFAC wasnt tht great really)
 
Only problem is FFVIII's villain, Ultimecia, was truly awful; she was easily the worst FF villain ever. She showed up right at the end and had no backstory at all.

FFIX had one of the best villains and he is 2nd only to Kefka, Kuja showed some unique and interesting character most other villains, Sephiroth for example, didn't show at all.
Plus, I have to be honest; FFVIII had the most cliché story any FF ever had. It was the typical love story FF.
 
Last edited:
Square officially said that the tech demo was only made to show off the PS3's graphical capabilities and not a hint that they were remaking FFVII, the owner of Square-Enix also said that they aren't any plans to ever remake FFVII on any console.
If you don't believe me browse IGN, 1Up, Gamespot, Gamefaqs and many other game sites, they all say exactly what I just said above. ;)
 
I believe it is just a rumor as well. I think it is just one of those things that someone/people start just everyone going.

I don't think Square-Enix should try and develop a remake. I think they should either focus on a current or new project. They could maybe make an actual sequel of some sort for Final Fantasy VII, or even Final Fantasy Tactics. In my opinion, Tactics was unique, and popular, but not as popular as Final Fantasy VII, which I have yet to beat.
 
If FFVII were to be remade, (as the rumour is now brought back up again) then FFVIII and FFIX Fans would expect Square to remake them. I'm sorry but Square can't just go and remake FFVII without even the thought of remaking FFVIII or FFIX, there are just as many fans of them as there are of FFVII.

EDIT: Square also said themselves if they did happen to start a remake; that it would take about 5 years for it to be fully made because they'd have to fully remake everything.
 
Last edited:
Yggdrasill said:
If FFVII were to be remade, (as the rumour is now brought back up again) then FFVIII and FFIX Fans would expect Square to remake them. I'm sorry but Square can't just go and remake FFVII without even the thought of remaking FFVIII or FFIX, there are just as many fans of them as there are of FFVII.

EDIT: Square also said themselves if they did happen to start a remake; that it would take about 5 years for it to be fully made because they'd have to fully remake everything.

I agree, FFVII has seen it's day, let it lie. I personally would like to see an addition to FFVIII. But it would be difficult to remake FFIX, as I think the cartoonish characters has been dead and gone, as far as FF is concerned. And true, it wouldn't be out for at least four or five years, as they have FFXIII and Vs.XIII and the new Kingdom Hearts projects to complete first.

Whoops, didn't mean to double post, clicked the wrong button. MY bad!

LOl, sorry, I haven't been here in like 6 months, so I am just trying to find something to talk about. lol
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR EDIT: Double post deleted and merged with the post before.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
FantasyFanatic said:
I agree, FFVII has seen it's day, let it lie. I personally would like to see an addition to FFVIII. But it would be difficult to remake FFIX, as I think the cartoonish characters has been dead and gone, as far as FF is concerned. And true, it wouldn't be out for at least four or five years, as they have FFXIII and Vs.XIII and the new Kingdom Hearts projects to complete first.
I guess Square would only remake them if they really badly needed money.
I'm pretty confident if FFVII is remade; it won't be as popular as the original, depsite it having nice, crisp graphics it'll still be the game people have beaten countless times.
Most people have really short attention spans and it's nearly guarranteed they won't play it more than once if they did remake it.

EDIT: How did I post so fast? O_O. Barely under a minute.
 
There is a lot of talk about it. And in an interview with 1up, Tetsuya-sama said he was intrested in redoing it, but he said he didn't think he had the time for it. I think later this year, maybe within the next few months, we'll hear something about it. I deffently think it is comming. It just needs time. I mean, why would they make just a techno demo when they know it will get fans going. There teasing us for a reason, and my hunch is they will remake it.
 
If Square hasn't started making it now (which they haven't) a FF7 remake wouldn't be out for at least 4 years. And I would not want to see a remake just on the chance that some idiot decides to make it new and "improved". Let the rumor die and move on.
 
Square should really think about moving on to making their new games anyway. (The FFXIII saga, KHIII, The FFVII spin-offs, etc.) Remaking a game which is 10 years old and which people have played to the point of boredom really isn't a good idea.
 
I personally think it would be a good idea.
If they do, all they would have to do is to add to the storyline. I don't know how, but they may come up with something.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top