Repeated styles for characters

jedi geoff

And then there was one...
Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
337
Age
33
Location
On the plains of FF6. So i can hear that cool over
RPG Name
The Jedi Geoff
yo geoff here,
after playing many final fantasy's its come to me that the attitude and classes of characters are repeated throghout the final fantasy, uh, series.
like for example:

Locke from FF6 and Zidane from FF9,
they are both theives, who protect girls.

Heres some more examples

Vivi from FF9 and Terra from FF6
they are both young people who dont know who they are, and have been told they have great power and potential.

Eiko from FF9 and Relm from FF6
both are annoying, underestermated and young,

Oh, and Shadow & Amarant are similar also.

got any more guys?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Eiko from FF9 and Relm from FF6
both are annoying, underestermated and young,

;__;

But yes, character archetypes are very common in RPGs, and very prevalent in the FF series. Though, FFIX did pay quite a bit of homage to the earlier FF games, so it's definitely no surprise it'd use some character ideas in the process for nostalgia.

Also, happy you could log in!
 
Zeromus_X said:
;__;

But yes, character archetypes are very common in RPGs, and very prevalent in the FF series. Though, FFIX did pay quite a bit of homage to the earlier FF games, so it's definitely no surprise it'd use some character ideas in the process for nostalgia.

Also, happy you could log in!

I agree. Not from what I've played, but from what I've read. I've also followed some other FF stories than the ones I've played.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top