Retro Games thread

I loved all the old turtles games, hack and slash games I love em.

And as for that Road Avenger game which Grace Saunders mentioned, what a brilliant game!!! I played it on the super nintendo, I liked the driving sections and beat em up sections.
 
I loved Road Rash 2 but was never any good at it. Though I loved being able to wallop a copper with a chain.

I have been playing games like sonic2 alot lately
 
I've decided to go back and play Dragon Warrior IV for the NES recently since I've been told repeatably it's the best in the series.

Despite it being a pretty long game for its time, I'm not especially impressed so far.
 
Personally - I think DW III is better. I like the job system on that one, and it was cool to be able to change from, say - a Pilgrim or Wizard to a Sage or...a Fighter (which has superior speed) to a Warrior/Knight. It was for the micromanaging RPGer like me. = 3

...I still have part IV though - I need to finish playing through it again or begin a new quest.
 
ThroneofDravaris said:
I've decided to go back and play Dragon Warrior IV for the NES recently since I've been told repeatably it's the best in the series.

Despite it being a pretty long game for its time, I'm not especially impressed so far.

How does it compare to the 1st DW?

Some old games I've enjoyed playing recently are:

Base Wars, (NES) Ninja Gaiden (NES),

And Maniac Mansion (NES) is well...awesome! I say.
 
Drake said:
How does it compare to the 1st DW?
Never played it, I'm not really a fan of the series. I assume it's significantly better though. I've since completed IV and while it was a decent enough game, it has nothing on FFIII.

The last 'retro' games I completed were Castlevania and Castlevania III for the NES a few weeks ago. I started play II but didn't particularly like it. Right now I'm playing Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles.
 
i have sonic 3 on emulator on mobile phone. Its the only of the three original sonics on the megadrive which i never completed. I never can be bothered to get past the first zone. I will one day.

I prefer sonic 2 the most out of the three. I also loved sonic 2 for the master system as it was a major improvement over the original sonic on master system.
 
Ahhh old games...Kb has tons laying around is house

im' playing right now.....FF 4 Sonic 1 and (what i think is one of the best older games number 3 in my list) MEGA MAN!!!!!! and mega man x3...not as fun
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top