Retro Games thread

I love Mario, the super old Castlevania, Zelda, Street Fighter and a few more but I forgot.

I have lots of Midi files of all the old classic battle themes...to bad my computer stop playing midi files. All the game music from the past totally was the best.
 
My fave retro game is definatley streetfighter 2 or any of the streetfighter 2 series.

I love mario and I loved the gameboy colour versions of legend of zelda
 
I don't know the name of this Zelda but I know it was among the first few. It was on a really old console. I still think today that it was the best Zelda ever.
 
I love Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Megaman, Megaman 3, Tennis, Snake Rattle & Roll, Challenger, Wrecking Crew, Adventure Island 2, The Simpsons: Bart vs. The Space Mutants, Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VI, Duck Hunt, Wizards & Warriors 2: Ironsword, Track & Field 2, Konami Hyper Soccer, Golf, Kung Fu, Ice Hockey, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Willow and Snow Brothers :)
 
Last edited:
EmpressCrystal said:
I don't know the name of this Zelda but I know it was among the first few. It was on a really old console. I still think today that it was the best Zelda ever.

Was it legend of zelda : links awakening? that game was awesome.
 
I liked Raiden very much! ^^

RAIDEN.gif
 
Maybe I don't know. I know they haven't remade it yet.
 
All the games mentioned by you guys are awesome. Come on post some more classic games. I have been been playing games for 23 years now I probably know most of them.

Mario or sonic in my teenage years were a fave of mine, mario 3 was my favorite mario and sonic 2 was my favorite sonic.
 
Sonic on the Sega, wow that was a fun one... The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time and Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 64... Best games ever!!

Then there's the Mario's for NES and Duck Hunt... Nothing can get better than that, almost
 
There have been only a few classics that I've actually played and liked (unfortunately--I would like to play more >_< ) such as Final Fantasy 4, and Super Mario.

If I could pick out a classic that I would like to play the most it would definitely be LOZ: A Link To The Past. >_^
 
I liked Road Avenger for the Mega CD. It was a revenge tale about a newly wed who loses his bride to dangerous road thugs. He has this really awesome car which he drives in and you try and get payback at their own sick game.

For a name released in the mid-90s, the graphics were superb. Basically, cursors appear on the screen and you have gotta quickly dodge, turn, dive, etc. It is all really rapid, actualy.

And the Game Boy and NES were always grand fun. You could play them for hours and never get bored. Nowadays, it is more common to play a game, get fed up and neglect it, where as the oldies were fun to play on a regular basis.
 
Hmm...perhaps they were (more?) addictive because of their simplicity - as far as the controls go - but it was fun to improve your dexterity playing the actual game because it wasn't always easy to win/get to the next level, etc....? The game that comes to mind off the top of my head was the Road Rash series. Another would be the original TMNTurtles arcade game from the late 80's/early 90's. = 33 Both games were easy enough to punch/kick your ways through the levels - but you had to be 'loose' to play through the levels well.

...looking back though - they sure were some good games = d
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top