Rinoa -- Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunslinger

Freelancer
Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
27
Age
42
Location
England
A long, long, long, long time ago i posted a similiar post to this and got a VERY mixed reaction.

Is it just me is Rinoa the most camp, wet and ditsy woman to have disgraced Final Fantasy? At every point in the game i was as unpleasant as possible to her!!! I really do wish that i had a choice about weather to rescue her form space!

Throughout the game all she does is slow down the story and is far to nice to just about everyone.

She is like a cross between every FF woman ever, a result of which is she doesnt have a personality!

I think after this game Square started thinking about their female characters a bit more, i thought LuLu was a wicked character, but again Yuna was lame.
 
ha! reading your post was most amusing and refreshing, I feel exactly the same as you do about Rinoa and Yuna, I realy don't understand why people like those two, they truly are awful characters and I was also rde to Riona whenever possible, I can imagine a lot of people have flamed you for writing this post else where though! thank you for posting your opinion I was starting to think I was alone in thinking they were bad characters!
 
Yeah i got absolutly taken to peices.......mad the mistake of saying she was the worst character in the game!!! Loads of people were saying she was the best character in the game, which i couldnt comment on as I'm proud to say I've never used her!!!


Best characters gotta be Irvine or Squall power-wise surely?? Both have EVIL limit breaks...
 
I really don't like Rinoa battle-wise, but I have no problem with her story-wise :) She can be a little annoying in the earlier parts of the game, but she gets better as she and Squall get closer :D I did use Rinoa in battle through one game, but I never will again. Ugh lol.

And I'd say Zell is better than Irvine combat-wise, if you're good with Duel you can deal craploads of damage per turn (I read some maniac managed to get 400-500k damage in 1 single Duel). Quistis also has some kickass limit breaks.. although Degenerator has gotta be one of the cheapest spells ever made. I've never seen it fail on any random encounter. She has a limit break magic that can exceed 9999 damage too :D

As for Yuna, I don't see what the problem is? I'm not saying I like her a lot, but I don't dislike her either. Then I have a bigger problem with Tidus and Rikku, story-wise :)
 
I can imagine you did, loads of people love her,lol.
as for Yuna I just find her painfully boring! I have no idea why people love her so much and when they tried to make her more interesting for f10-2 she just looked slutty, and her persionality was stull dull.
 
rinoa is a 'bit' pitiful when it comes to battling, that little kite thing she fires just doesnt float any boats on my pond. as for a character, i guess she's ok, mysterious at first and rescuable later on, quistis is a far better character in my opinion in battling and story wise
 
Wow I must be in a real minority here. Rinoa was one of my favorite characters from the game and I used her in battle all the time. You can't tell me that Wishing Star isn't an awesome attack. But anyway I won't say much else since it looks like I'm about one of the only Rinoa likers here lol
 
if you like her you can say as much as you like in her favour, its good to have different opions it gets conversations going (just as long as nobody gets upset and starts being rude). I have to agree she is fine in battle, she was a bit weak at he sart of the game and my normal party consists of squall (duh), zell and quists, but I used rinoa and irvine to beat omega weapon becuase she is much better if you train her, its just her annoying persionality that I dont like.
 
I think Rinoa's limit breaks are pathetic.. and in FF7/8 I define a character's useability in combat by how much I like their limit breaks :p So she's the worst character in the game combat-wise IMO :)

heavens cloud said:
she is much better if you train her

Training/leveling up is severly overrated in FF8 :D More fun to play with as low as possible levels ;)
 
what about he <insert dogs name> revive? very useful if you all happen to die you get a second chance and there is another useful one i seem to remember....anyway in my opinion the worst combat wise is Selphie :P
 
Okay okay, Selphie and Rinoa can tie for it :)

That revive thing can be nice, but in the file where I used Rinoa throughout the game I think he did that revive thing like once ever. It's way too random to be useful (you can not rely on it), same goes for Selphie's limit break. Apparently you can control what limit breaks Angelo learns, and thus which ones he will use, but I still find most of the other characters' limit breaks far more useful :)
 
Invincible Moon was the only thing that stood betwen me and death while I was Tonberry Hunting for the Tonberry GF. I gained a lot of respect for Rinoa that day (having the Tonberry GF on Disc 2? The shopping abilites should all be learned by Esthar, and then you can REALLY have fun shopping.)
 
Rinoa does seem suprisingly good in tough boss fights, I wonder why that is 0_0 thanks shadowheart you reminded me what the dogs name was I could not remember before,lol.
 
I don't remember having any problems getting the Tonberry GF... was a while ago though...
 
he was not that tough, but like I said I said I used Rinoa in my party to defeat omega weapon and he IS tough :P
 
nope, because I junctioned all my most powerful magics on to each character to see who had top stats and both Rinoa and Irvine had the best in that save ^_^ she never uses invinsable moon for me (damn her). so Rinoa can b useful in battle she's just a pin the rest of the time :P

-did you ever fight Omega? hes a tough weapon, harder than ff7's if you ask me.
 
Well, the other characters can do much more damage in a lot less time than her :D She only has single-attack limit breaks coupled with a few non-attack ones.. So I don't see her usefulness, really, but if you say she got nice stats.. I dunno about that.

Yes I did beat Omega.. using Hero Drinks or whatever they are called. They make one character invincible for a short time, you can get 100 from Laguna's card... which you probably know :) I tried long and hard to beat him without them, but it turned out too hard.. maybe I just ain't good enough. Was quite easy with them Hero Drinks though. And yeah, he's definately tougher than the FF7 weapons I'd say. Although Squall and Zell could make short work of him with their limit breaks and with Meltdown on him in not too too many turns, the problem is just to keep them alive long enough hehe.

Oh and I just started up another game trying to get through at even lower level than last time (ie, less than lvl 19). Going to try to beat Omega Weapon too with low lvl.. Of course, while using Hero Drinks again. I *might* try without them again hehe, if not just for fun :) Currently at lvl 9, hopefully I won't get any higher :D
 
Last edited:
heh, for some reasion I never thought of useing hero drinks ^_^'' I just found Rinoa to be very useful against the weapon...you should try to beat him with out useing hero drinks :D
 
Ya know you can bump up her luck stat with junctioning and she'll use the good limit breaks a lot more. Angelo will also use the Angelo Revive thing a lot more. By the time I got done, he would do it almost once per battle at least if one of my characters were knocked out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top