Same Sex Marrige

Do you think gays should be able to marry?


  • Total voters
    29
Xartex said:
For me, I see no good reason why thay souldn't be able to marry. They are going to live together wether you let them marry or not.

I do not belive in the bible so nothing it says about stuff like that matters to me.



I don't know if you've heard of this Xartex, but someone once said that they don't believe in God, they don't care if He exists or not. A caring friend came and told that person that his view point was ok - it doesn't matter if this person believed in God or not, because God believed in them. They also said that it doesn't matter if they believe He exists or not, because God made us with the power of free will and the choice to have fellowship w/Him or not.

<Sigh...> Sadly, more and more people in this generation have been effected by the outtake of God from teaching in schools, parents wanting their children to 'think for themselves,' (which, admittedly - isn't wrong) and attacks and lies from the devil. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, and I would not think of pushing you to see my viewpoint. I'm not here to argue...really. Just to say what I believe and if that helps anyone then I am happy. I hope that many, many more people see things differently in the coming years.



Unknown Kaze - do you know of other references from the Bible that disagree with the notion of gay marriage???
 
John Smith said:
Yeah, there was a law relesed in there some months ago, wasn't it? :D

Yeah... And once again: <3<3 LOVE IS FREE <3<3
 
Not off the top of my head at this moment (being in college) but I will dig some up for you...
 
Here is my essay, I hate how I written it, but whatever


Same Sex Marriage


Over the years, Humans have fought many wars to earn certain rights, as well as raged war to make other believed a certain way they do. From fighting for religon rights, to equal rights, and even race rights. To be treated equaly is the American Dream to many, but what is it really? As the years go by we all learn from the mistakes we made in the past. Yet there is still to this day a lot of fights and wars people are fighting. The new battle heating up in our society is the battle for Same sex marriage. Should gay people have the right to married? Can you love be about more then just about sex? Are gays treated the same as we?

An friend once told me that ? We are all people, that gays have the same rights as we. Just what the problem with them being able to marry.? Getting back to what I said early we for many years have been fighting for rights and freedom. Why now in this age are people to take the right for gays to marry. I don?t understand, we lived in America. This land we live in is supposed to be the land of freedom. We all supposed to have equal rights, just why does it really matter if you are gay or not. Another thing I don?t get is that in this land we all live in there is a law that states that no one can speak or even discuss religion in a public place or so. Anyway a lot of people in this great battle are all saying and even some politics that it is a ?Sin? for two people of the same sex to get married. That men and women are made to be together. If this is a law that no one can speak about regions then why are all these people are trying to make this debate based on regions?

"Love isn?t just sex". Love to me is being happy with the person you love, and keeping your vows true. I really don?t have a problem with any two men or females getting married. I?d rather see a gay happy couple then a straight sad couple. If they?re happy with each other and truly in love, then why not give them that right. I know we all see things differently, but just because he/she thinks it nasty for two people to be married doesn?t mean we have a right to take away their right. Love shouldn?t be decided by your race or even your sex. Love is for all people it really shouldn?t matter what you are. All that matters is that you love strongly that person you want to married.

Are gay people treated differently in our society? What do you think? Is it easy to be gay in our society? I believe that one thing gay people really bring out that is really is amazing is their courage. It?s hard these days, well in most time periods to come out and say I?m gay. To just come out and tell your parents or even your straight lover. To come out as they do is quiet amazing to me. But when they do come out, they life changes in many ways. They are looked at differently and even turn down from some things just because of their sexuality. They are not always treated equal by everyone. For example in the past wars, gays weren?t allowed to enlisted in the military. Only a few years back it they finality got that right.

It isn?t all bad being gay. Over the past years people have begun to accept same sex couples. More and more people and even famous people we grew to love have even came out and said that they are gay.. It has became more easier to come out now in our society. I hope one day to see gay people being treated equally as well as any group of people. I hope I have change you mind on the gay community. As you know now gays have fought for these rights as we. Gay people are human just as we. We all have the same rights and it doesn?t matter what you believed. We are all different and we all think and feel differently. Lastly there really isn?t no rule that can say who we can and cannot love.
 
Yeah, I made a lot of mistakes, but whatever as long as I get graded. I don't see how I did nine essays in one day laast year.
 
Gay marriage doesn't really bother me, people should honestly live how they want to. If I saw a Gay couple walking down the street I wouldn't be bothered by it because I'm actually open-minded.

**This next bit is all my opinion, people who believe in God don't be offended.**

Plus, since I'm an Atheist I don't think it's wrong in any way, if you ask me it's the catholic church what is in the wrong. God hasn't done anything to help the world so why should I, in turn, waste my time creating false hope that there's a God?
People say God can't tell us how to live, yet theres these stupid rules which say there can't be any homosexual marriage, I'm actually glad i'm an Atheist because now I don't have to hear all this rubbish about how i'll go to hell if I don't "Obey" God. =P
 
I, on the other hand, disagree. I feel that if there is no God, none of us would be here. The complexities that make up the body, the amount of information in our DNA, the desire to be free and thrive - IMO - could NOT have come from nothingness.

To say that you extinguish a 'false hope' by denouncing the existence of a creator...how so? Obviously, this isn't Spira - we are not dreams.

I guess dying to reconsile His creation wasn't doing anything to help either, huh? But if you do not believe the Bible is Truth, then nothing matters at all. Eat, drink and be merry - for tomorrow we die. There is no heaven, no hell, only now....but I challenge you with this thought: what if your thinking is wrong?

This is a 'battle' that really goes much deeper than the physical. It makes no difference to some, but I pray for them to realize that.

We'll all find out - that fateful day when our energy converts to another form - as Newton puts it.
 
I have some gay friends and when I found out their secret, I had a panic attack, and started to laugh histericly, but they are still my friends, so I got used to it, and it doesn't bother me anymore, and it changed my perception of life, and now I think that gay,(or bi), people should be able to marry:)!
 
I know a few people that are gay, but I don't really care that they gay. I just find it wrong that people are trying to take away people right to marry just because they gay.
 
I don't mind/care if they are gay either. I DO FEEL, however, that they should not be allowed to marry. God intended for one man and one woman to be together for a lifetime.

Even if you do not bring spirituality into this, there never was a 'right' for them to get married. If you make one up though, then I guess you could give them that 'right.'

Meh! I'm done w/this topic. I know many people here feel differently. I don't have anything else to offer this topic/thread, so anyone feel free to PM me.
 
You know, it wasn't that long ago that people were convinced that it wasn't 'right' for people of different races to marry, including the churches. Now, who really thinks that except ignorant racists. Times change, people change, attitudes change, ideas change. Rights and recognition for gays is the latest area of change, and like all major social change before it, such as womens rights, there will be some sections of the community who won't accept it under any circumstances.

My opinion is gays should be treated for what they are, people. Not abominations of nature headed for hell, but just people who want to live their lives like any other people and be allowed to make a formal committment to the person they love, and be recognised by the state as that persons legal next of kin and entitled to all benefits that come with that.

So they have a different sexual orientation, so what? They can't breed babies with each other, again so what? Neither can hetro people who are infertile, should they be banned from marriage too?

The two main groups I see opposing gay marriage are 1) Homophobes who hate gays just because they are gay, and because the hater is petrified it is catching. This attitude is down to pure ignorance and the hate is usually passed down from generation to generation. 2) the religious, which I dismiss out of hand. The only people who have to live by religious teaching are those that follow it. I really despise religions who try to force their myths on the whole population through law. Seperation of church and state needs to be fact, not just pretty words.

Marriage is a civil contract between two consenting adults. Nothing more and nothing less. I can't see why the sexuality of the people involved should be a factor.
 
Arkacia said:
You know, it wasn't that long ago that people were convinced that it wasn't 'right' for people of different races to marry, including the churches. Now, who really thinks that except ignorant racists. Times change, people change, attitudes change, ideas change. Rights and recognition for gays is the latest area of change, and like all major social change before it, such as womens rights, there will be some sections of the community who won't accept it under any circumstances.
Except those groups actually had less rights than others. In this case, homosexuals have the exact same rights as heterosexuals; the right to marry a person of the opposite sex. They just aren’t allowed to marry a partner of the same sex which, once again, heterosexuals aren’t allowed to do either. So basically any line that anyone takes stating that they have less ‘rights’ than anyone else or that current legislation doesn't reflect 'equality' is pretty much moot.

That being said, I see absolutely no reason as to why anyone over the age of consent shouldn't be able to marry the partner of their choice.
 
Last edited:
I dont really care if they want to marry somebody with the same sex let em.
 
The peope who don't allow it probably don't have any friends that are gay, or, they just aren't good enough friends to be trusted with such a big secret. OR, the friends know that you would dissown them as friends if you found out. It's sad really :( , it's not like they can control it, they're just born that way!
 
Well this is my opionion and im bi-sexual keep that in mind.
I personally beleive same-sex marriage should be allowed they are people just like everyone else like it was said above. "They arent rocks or trees) if two people are happy together and have love and affection for each other they should be allowed the same freedoms and rights to happiness as everyone else.That is my thought on the matter.
 
reasoniamalive said:
I, on the other hand, disagree. I feel that if there is no God, none of us would be here. The complexities that make up the body, the amount of information in our DNA, the desire to be free and thrive - IMO - could NOT have come from nothingness.

Why? I can't think of a reason not to. And in case that there existed a God, why should it be the Christian one? It's just a matter of faith, and beliefs.

And my faith and my beliefs are based on peace and happiness. Do two people from the same sex hurt you when they love each other? Or even when it's just for physical pleasure, do they hurt you?
They don't, and if they are happy and they don't hurt, try to think of a logical reason to avoid this kind of relationship.
 
blackstar said:
Well this is my opionion and im bi-sexual keep that in mind.
I personally beleive same-sex marriage should be allowed they are people just like everyone else like it was said above. "They arent rocks or trees) if two people are happy together and have love and affection for each other they should be allowed the same freedoms and rights to happiness as everyone else.That is my thought on the matter.

Fully agreed, but also think of it this way:

Back in the '50's, NOONE would've allowed, and even considered the idea of gay marriage, since most people considered it unnatural, wether it be due to their beliefs or morals.

Now it has come so far to making it legal, thus, it IS only a matter of time.


And I'm guessing in a matter of time, although I hate to think about it:

As unnatural and immoral as gay marriage was back in the first half of the twentieth century, there might come acceptance for other "anomalities", such as lovers, with a large difference in age. D:
 
Exactly, My girlfriend is a little over 2 years younger than me, but I still love her. I always will, no matter what. And I say again, it's all a matter of perspective, I know blackstar personaly and it doesn't bother me that he's bi, ya'know. So of cource, I'de be on his side, why wouldn't I, he's my friend, what'd you expect! I thank you, Luis and Avathar, you show that not every body is pregidice, and that makes me happy. :D
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top