- Joined
- May 13, 2005
- Messages
- 805
- Age
- 62
- Location
- Australia
- Website
- cresmoon.com
- Occupation
- Cat Wrangler
- RPG Name
- Sasami
As it seems most of the members here are teens, I thought I'd ask you opinions on school uniforms.
In Australia most schools require them and students can be sent home or punished by detentions etc for not wearing uniforms. I wore them over 20 years ago in high school and the requirement never worried me but these days it seems schools are really going overboard with them. I have seen recent reports of kids sent home for having facial piercings, "unacceptable" hairstyles (in the case of one boy, because his hair was shoulder length), and skirts too short.
In Australia most schools require them and students can be sent home or punished by detentions etc for not wearing uniforms. I wore them over 20 years ago in high school and the requirement never worried me but these days it seems schools are really going overboard with them. I have seen recent reports of kids sent home for having facial piercings, "unacceptable" hairstyles (in the case of one boy, because his hair was shoulder length), and skirts too short.