SeeD

dirge_of_sephiroth

Chocobo Rider
Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
62
Age
46
Location
you don't want to know
Occupation
Writer/Journalist/Photographer
RPG Name
Helna R'shuken
This is probably a really dumb question but how do you actually pronounce SeeD? Is it 'See Dee' or 'Seed'? Seeds being in a Garden makes a lot of sense, but I have always said it the other way. I still will I guess, but having played the FF games with sound and having seen Advent Children, I have come to realize how many things that I have been pronouncing incorrectly for years.
 
nah, good question, personnaly i always pronounced it See Dee coz of that capital D
sounded better too!
 
jedi geoff said:
i always said it like squat-all, but my brother reckons its scwall.

Umm, how 'squat-all' out of Squall? I'm just confused because of the 't'. But I just call him Marken for the most part anyway, instead of Squall, so I guess I'd hardly know... :p
 
dirge_of_sephiroth said:
Is it 'See Dee' or 'Seed'? Seeds being in a Garden makes a lot of sense, but I have always said it the other way. I still will I guess, but having played the FF games with sound and having seen Advent Children, I have come to realize how many things that I have been pronouncing incorrectly for years.

Actually, it's funny that you metioned that cuz I use to call it See d. Can't remember which happened first but it was only after I thought about the Seed/Garden thing or a classmate said it Seed.
 
First of all, the pronounciation of SeeD SHOULD be "Seed," like many people have said. What Shotgunnova mentioned proves that.

As for Squall...due to the 'u' in his name, the proper way to say it is most likely "Skwall." XP
 
Seed is the right way. They're 'seeds' grown and trained in a Garden to fight the sorceress. Quite obvious.
Pronunciation depends on the way things are pronounced in each country. I can't think of another way to pronounce Squall than the one I've always used. I guess "Skwall" as you say, could be the way I say it.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top