Shiva is inside my PS3!

Judge Magister

Head Judge of Galbadia
Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
33
Age
44
Location
Born in Suwon, South Korea (GO BLUEWINGS!)
RPG Name
Judge Magister
I am the proud parent of a new PS3. Unfortunately, it was born with a birth defect. For some reason the PS3 likes to freeze on me, especially when I'm at a point in the game where I can't/didn't save (3 hours farming in the Ogir-Yensa Sandsea, *sigh*). It happens at least once a day. Everytime I play FFXII now, I'm covered from head to toe in sweat, fear, and paranoia. I also find myself praying a lot when I'm doing something time consuming/important. For those of you who own a PS3 *cue the crickets*, are you experiencing the same problem? For those of you who don't own a PS3, wait for a price drop/hardware update.
 
ya.
it really sounds like you have a Shive bug in there.
lol ^_^

how long have you had your ps3?
i don't have one but a close friend of mine does.
His freezes, but its more of a skip kinda freeze.the game doesn't just stop playing for good, so you have to re-start it, it just freezes for a couple seconds.
 
Mines get hott a lot. Does your do that too?
 
Yes, it does. I actaully let my PS3 run for a few hours, then I cook my scrambled eggs and french toast on it. I actually thought the "heat" issue was causing it to freeze. To answer your question Kat, it actually "freezes." The music still plays, but the screen freezes, allowing me to stare blankly at the screen while silently swearing to myself for 15 minutes.
 
The heat scares me, because I don't want it to overheat and break. I be freaking out a lot, but I do love it. Even though I don't have any PS3 games on it yet.

Do you have any yet?
 
My FF XII only froze about 2-5 times in roughly 200 hrs. :D

Its usually when its loading/going through an FMV...otherwise I've had no problems.

I still think its better than the problems that the 360 had upon launch...imagine what Microsoft must be spending for 'service/device updates' to ship all their units from and to your house. *Nightmares*
 
Judge Magister said:
Yes, it does. I actaully let my PS3 run for a few hours, then I cook my scrambled eggs and french toast on it. I actually thought the "heat" issue was causing it to freeze. To answer your question Kat, it actually "freezes." The music still plays, but the screen freezes, allowing me to stare blankly at the screen while silently swearing to myself for 15 minutes.

Bold: That happens to me too when I play my PS version of FFVIII! :( But the problem is not in my PS, but in the actual disc (disc 1! D: )
 
Zeromus_X said:
I'll buy a PS3 when it can prove it is a reliable gaming machine and the price goes down a few hundred dollars.
I also think that way, but I add to that list the existence of decent games. My favourite games (yes, I'm talking in part about Mistwalker) are in the X360
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top