Smilies!

Gumdrop

Paladin
Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2004
Messages
697
Age
40
Location
England
RPG Name
Malaya
hello dear readers :)
Sorry I'm gonna sound a bit picky to some of you..but the halo around the smilies that has showen up against the new skin looks bad to me (the white bits around the edges..) this probibly won't bother most people, but I know it bothers some so please fix this if you can :)
 
Yeah, I pointed this out in one of the threads about the new skin, but I guess Shaggy missed it or ignored it :) It does bother me, and it shouldn't be too difficult to fix I think..
 
The smilies are gif images.. and gif images can have transparent parts in them. So it's simply a matter of making everything outside the actual smiley transparent so they can go on any background. You need a better image editing program than regular paint though to make use of the transparency in gif images, I think.
 
Use Photoshop. There's no such thing as transparent in Paint - one of its limitations that I hate. Photoshop is usually pretty easy to transparentize with.

I'm pretty sure transparentize isn't a real word, but... *shrugs*
 
I saw it Shadow, just had to leave and wasn't able to reply to it. I was planning on changing them. Anyone have some smileys that they have seen on the net that they like and I can incorporate here?

I have several from Ark, that I am going to use on my other board so I can also show you those.
 
I think it accents them better. :p
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top