Someone with midi software please help

*face pales*

No. F*cking. Way.

Oh holy crap holy crap.

Sorry, let me explain, uh...

Just this past November, my school did Seussical The Musical as our annual musical. And, uh... this song was in it. It's called "Solla Sollew" and it's sung by Horton the elephant as he ponders over the fact that he lost the planet of Who and needs to take care of Mayzie's egg. Uh... yeah.

I heard the start and said "Now this sounds awfully familiar, where did I hear this before?"

HORTON: There's a faraway land so the stories all tell
Somewhere beyond the horizon
If we can find it then all will be well
Troubles there are few
Someday we'll go to
Solla Sollew
Solla Sollew
HORTON & CIRCUS ANIMALS: Solla Sollew
Solla Sollew
HORTON: (spoken)I've lost my poor Whos
And we've traveled so far.
Oh, Jojo, forgive me
Wherever you are.
JOJO: (spoken) Dear Mom and Dad
I'm thinking of you
And wishing we all
Were in Solla Sollew
MAYOR: They say breezes are warm there
HORTON: And people are kind
HORTON & JOJO: Maybe it's something like heaven
HORTON, JOJO, MAYOR, MRS. MAYOR: I close my eyes and I see in my mind
Skies of bluest blue
ALL: Solla Sollew
HORTON: I've had so much trouble finding my way there
When I get close it disappears
JOJO, MAYOR, MRS. MAYOR, CIRCUS ANIMALS: Solla Sollew
HORTON: If we can get there we're gonna stay there
If it takes us miles
JOJO, MAYOR, MRS MAYOR: If it takes us miles
HORTON: If it takes us years
High on a mountain or lost on the sea
HORTON & JOJO: Sooner or later I'll find it
MAYOR: I have a picture of how it will be
MAYOR & MRS. MAYOR: On the day I do
HORTON, JOJO, MAYOR, MRS. MAYOR: Troubles will be through
And I'll be home with you
ALL: Solla Sollew
Solla Sollew
Solla Sollew
Solla Sollew
Solla Sollew
Solla Sollew
Solla Sollew
HORTON: I'll be home
With you
ALL (EXCEPT HORTON): Solla Sollew

As for eliminating the loud parts while the animals, as it seems the loud noises are supposed to be, are singing the chorus, I can't help you there. However, I could put the mp3 (or wma or something, I don't know what format they are) of the song from the soundtrack, with vocals, up, if anyone wants to hear it.

Zerlina, I officially love you now. This was one of my favorite songs from Seussical and a lot of my friends will love the fact that you're trying to put Solla Sollew in your game too.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. I got it. Uploading it now, give me a few minutes.

EDIT 2: FKJLFHFDUHIEUPEHPI. MIDIs just broke on my comp or something. Hang on. I have to fiddle around with my sound settings. Otherwise, just download it by saving the only link on this page.

EDIT 3: Huzzah! Stuff works again. Turns out my speakers were off. <_<

RECAPPING EDIT: In case nobody wants to read that whole thing, the gist of it is:

I fixed the midi, and I know it from my school musical. I have it on Angelfire, but the guys at Angelfire won'tlet you directly link to files on Angelfire, so I posted this link, where the only link on the page is the MIDI. It consists of only the piano line, which is the only one that plays for most of the song except the choruses, which were the loud noises (and I deleted them). I am willing to post the mp3 version of it, with voices and everything, since I have the soundtrack of the Broadway play that this song appeared on. Like I said, I did the play for my musical. It's the same song.
 
Last edited:
I was in Seussical! That's where I got it from. I figured no one would recognize it lmao! I was a who!
seuss6.jpg


Isn't it such a great show? So much fun! Our production was amazing. For Thinks you Can Think, it basically started off as just Jojo and Cat in The Hat, then when Jojo started thinking, all these images were projected onto the curtain *which was actually a scrim* then when the chorus came in, we lit it up and they came from behind. The walls of the theatre had the houses of whoville built onto it, and then later in the song, they were lit and all the whos came out. It was just like...the set that kept growing llol.

Thank you so much for doing the midi! lol you'll be one of the few people who will see Glenn contemplating and then think of the words to Solla Sollew.
 
A "Seussical" huh? That looks like alot of fun really... :)

Edit: Kinda a dumb question, but is that song from one of his books? (I'd imagine so.) Which one is it from?
 
Last edited:
Z_X, he actually wrote a book called "I Had Trouble In Getting To Solla Sollew," which featured General Genghis Khan Schmitz... who was played by ME in November in my version.

Your set looks a lot better than mine ever did. My director wanted a "minimalist" look, though, so we were fine with what we had.

Ours actually started with Jojo walking out on this little walkway we had extending around the orchestra and finding the hat, and the trapdoor in the walkway had the cat in it. I wish I knew what happened to my DVD of it...

But yeah. I am in that "drama geek" group, so the majority of my friends were in it. It definitely was a hell of a lot of fun. And you're welcome for the MIDI. Plus, it gets attached to Glenn. My character. Awesome.

Oh, and "darth phille"? If you don't like the thread, ignore it.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top