(Spoilers) What's new about VI Advance???

Phoenix Flame

Go Umbarbar do my bidding
Super Moderator
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
3,044
Location
By myself. It's lonely ;-;
Website
www.reasoniamalive.com
Occupation
Cardiac tech/lover ^^;
I recently have begun playing VI Advance and was wondering what's new in this game? I know that there are new espers and a new dungeon...what else? Anyone found anything cool/new/exciting about this edition of the classic game?
 
There is also a gauntlet mode in which you can fight game bosses in succession. That's about it.

The only noteworthy aspect of the game otherwise is that they fixed a few glitches in the original game like vanish/doom and the evasion glitch.
 
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOES!!! ;__; Dratts!

>.> I must rethink me strategies.

What's up with the new Espers? Obviously, the earliest one you get that's different is a storyline Esper (Cait Sith...I'm sure Zero's happy) are there many more? Where do you get em from?
 
Cait Sith was a summon in the original SNES version of FFVI. It was just mis-translated to "Stray" in the North American release.
 
Cactuar, Leviathan, Diablos and Gilgy (Gilgamesh) are all new espers. There are a lot of new weapons/changed names. There's an Apocolypse sword (that I'm not sure was in the original FFVI :confused: ) new armors...I haven't been to the two new dungeons but they sound a lot harder then Kefka's tower.
 
You get the Apocalypse from beating one of the upgraded dragons, if I remember correctly. It's a new weapon. Although I guess there might be a way of obtaining it that I don't know.

Here's what the new weapons are off the top of my head:

Apocalypse (sword for Terra)
Save the Queen (sword for Celes)
Zorlin Shape (dagger for Locke)
God Hand (knuckle for Sabin)
Longinus (spear for Edgar)
Final Trump (cards for Setzer)
Angel Brush (brush for Relm)
Scorpion's Tail (mace for Gogo. Kill Bill reference?)

I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember right now. I do know that if you want multiple copies of them, you can trade them in at the coliseum (each new weapon can be traded in for another of the weapons).
 
reasoniamalive said:
Cactuar, Leviathan, Diablos and Gilgy (Gilgamesh) are all new espers.

I saw a video on youtube of gilgamesh fighting your party in the collosseum but I heard that it was a doctored video done by some fans as a hoax.
 
He either does one of four attacks:

Excalibur- moderate damage
Excalipoor- 1 damage...
Masamune- very high damage
Enkidu- Gilgy and Enkidu do a tag-team attack for heavy damage, but this is the rarest one and I've honestly never seen it before.

Here's all of the new spells and Espers except for Gilgamesh's last attack.
 
Are i see, so his attacks are more or less the same as they were on final fantasy 8.

And this enkidu attack sounds like that monster who fought along side him on ff5
 
Enkidu's also in FF XII. ^_^ Speaking of which, that was a tough battle if you weren't prepared.

Flood was pretty useful actually - although I'm kinda surprised that it didn't damage your party as well as the enemies.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top