- Joined
- Jul 6, 2006
- Messages
- 179
- Age
- 33
- Location
- in ultimecia castle
- Website
- www.ffheaven.1talk.net
- Occupation
- student
- RPG Name
- ultimecia
what do you think is the most popular square - enix or rockstar
ultimecia said:yeah good point rockstar doesnt even really use storylines
Well, Rockstar also made a game fairly recently called "Table Tennis"Yggdrasill said:Square-enix definitely, Rockstar's games are just mindless killing. Sure, more people have heard of Rockstar but when it comes to counting how many people play their games/collect their games; Square-enix wins by far.
Bottom line is; Squaresoft (now Square-enix) was founded in 1983, Rockstar was formed in 1998, pretty obvious which is better.
It's a great starter to the 360. I liked it for a few weeks. =DShadowHeart said:Well, Rockstar also made a game fairly recently called "Table Tennis"Which apparently was pretty damn good too (not that I have tried it, only read reviews).
Lyde Lyde said:Grand Theft Auto does have storylines but it doesn't go into dramatic things mostly because the games are meant to be humorous. Well in San Andreas there were parts with Carl where he was pretty furious when he found out that the Caucasian officer , Officer Tenpenny I beleive killed his mother and when he was making fun of him when you were chasing him down. The ending seemed to have some emotion too, but GTA goes for more variety in gameplay and Rockstar seems to be more popular to answer your question. There are more people who haven't heard of Square Enix than Rockstar.
Slider said:Sorry, Lyde I've played that game.... and that officer was provoking CJ more than being funny! The final moral of its story (like ALL GTAs) is that street scums can top the other bigger scums and become, well the biggest scum of them all!
I think reason described it best when he said somethin is wrong with walkin around shootin innocent ppl, and that's just what you normally do during the whole game!
So Squaresoft kicks Rockstars' @$$
As for a Square-Enix/Rockstar comaparison........ I wouldn't really now
Lyde Lyde said:I didn't say he was trying to be funny i was describing it as one of the few times where the game was serious or dramatic.
I would think that this depends on what part of the world you're in. In the US, quite likely, but in Japan? I find that kind of hard to believe.Lyde Lyde said:Grand Theft Auto does have storylines but it doesn't go into dramatic things mostly because the games are meant to be humorous. Well in San Andreas there were parts with Carl where he was pretty furious when he found out that the Caucasian officer , Officer Tenpenny I beleive killed his mother and when he was making fun of him when you were chasing him down. The ending seemed to have some emotion too, but GTA goes for more variety in gameplay and Rockstar seems to be more popular to answer your question. There are more people who haven't heard of Square Enix than Rockstar.
Whoa there!Yggdrasill said:There is a guarranteed chance more people have heard of Squaresoft than Rockstar in Japan.
Rockstar's games are more of "Play once then sell" while Square-enix's games are kind of "Play a lot of times and then keep to sell for a larger profit later".