Suggestion!

John Smith

~Wizard~
Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
4,242
Age
35
Location
Ragnarok
Website
john.anderson.smith.has-no-homepage.net
Occupation
Mathematics Applied to Economics and Management Student
RPG Name
John Smith, SeeD Extraordinaire
Last night I got an idea!

What if we make tournaments between members?

The winner could win something cool :P (Like knowledgement all over the Forum :D). Nah seriously, I think it would be cool if there were tournaments :P
 
A battle Tournament.

It could be divided into classes or levels, for example, Mages only fight Mages or make like, levels 11 - 15 in one group, 16 - 20 in another, etc, etc...

In the beginning, an elemination series, of which, 8 or 10 or each class/group would continue, then the battles. Like a football championship eh?
 
A time ago, the member Squall Lionheart made a RPG hack championship like this. And, well, if you're up for it, and you can find enough people to sign up for the battles, you could organize it yourself.

For me, well, I'm not that much into the Rpg battle thingie, so ;p
 
John Smith, if you are willing to put the time and effort in, I say go for it.
 
=D

By the way... what would be the best place to do this?

FFNet RPG Hack, make an announcement (I suppose I can post there as there is a New Post button in there), Spamtastic, Forum Games...?
 
I'ld recommend to post it in the Forum Games section, then I could sticky the thread once the tournament is going along nice and easy. Or in Spamtastic. The choice is yours! =D
 
If it's using the FFNET RPG, put it in that section, and ask a mod/admin to sticky it, as you lay out the rules and the way we'll be doing it. You could have a set number of people to play (20?), and when 20 people register, order the fights by level and if possible, type of character.

Spamtastic is a nice place, even if we may get off track a little. :D
 
I'm just not sure if at least 20 people here have near the same levels in order to stand a fighting chance in a RPG battle. XD
 
I'm back now and I don't mind starting a new Championship Tournament if it's fine by evreyone...

But first I'll have to make sure there are enough people ready to fight
It's good to see that many people have trainned hard and I'm looking forward for the challenge

The rules are already stated at the tournament Tutorial board:
http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=836
 
Me and Hydra want to start up, but we wanted to ask Avathar too, but he's been missing for more than a month :(

Would you want to help us? :D

You even made this before, so you know better than me how this works =D
 
I don't mind...Whatever
Just both of you take a look at the Tutorial unless you're planning to run the tournament in a diffrent way
 
...to save time here's basically what I did at the first Championship:

1- Post a Poll to see if enough people are intrested to enter and give them a chance to know before starting the registration (no names are shown), for example:

http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=810

2- If it turns out that a decent number of members are willing to participate, start the Tournament Registration (This time names are public, and a message is sent to each participant to which s/he has to reply to confirm their registration), for example:

http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=839

3- Send the participants' names to a third party non-participant anonymus member to rearrange them randomly.

4- After assgning the battles and posting them on the Calendar, a board is made in which are posted the assigned battles, the results of the ones done as well as the coming battles, for example:

http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=850&page=1

5- Duelists are sent messages on their first battle day to notify them. Any failure to follow the rules or in contacting the Championship supervisor (myself in the last tournament) can result in a disqualification with no exceptions.

6- After the Championship starts, monitor the battles to deal with any problems such as rule breaking, failing to finish the battle in time limit, and taking care of the board.

7- When the Championship is over, inform Arkacia or anyone else to take care of awarding the winner and announce their victory.

8- Train harder and better for the next Tournament...

It's not as easy as it looks...
 
Wow, that's really hard work!

How are we gonna get a non-participant member?

By that do you mean a person that doesn't want to participate or by someone that does not post very often? Or a friend or someting like that?
 
Someone who isn't participating in the tournament...
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top