The FFnet bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know Manowar!!! :D they're great!!... but a Final Fantasy VIII song?

and oh yeah, i'll have ehhhmm.... just some ice cooled grapejuice. that's been a while :D wine on the other hand :D
 
"The Extreme" is the title of the song played during Ultimecia's last form. Ultimecia is the final boss in FFVIII :) Other songs that are played during the final battle are "The Legendary Beast" and "Maybe I'm A Lion" :)
 
Yes! I knew these were played in this part of the game! I have 'The Legendary Beast' too(is it when you fight against Griphus,isn't it?), but I don't have the other one you said. I wouldn't expect less from you Shadowheart ;) your wisdom about the saga sometimes amazes me :) And do you know if it's really performed by Manowar? I don't think so, but that's what the title of the one I have says! (And it's the same which is played in the game, I mean, it's not a version).
A pineapple juice with Malibu.
 
alright, so i'm gonna fight Ultimecia again... just for hearing the song :D

*looking for the memorycard with the last freaking save of FF8..... OH, there it is :p

*asks the bartender if they make any snacks :D ..... well, i'ld like an hot-dog, please :cool:
 
YAY!! Almost done with school this semester. only need to type a 3-5 research paper and then a 5-8 short story which they are both due today!! eekk!! no time for a drink must type.
 
Enough of the small talk, let's talk about what's real in the world.
*snaps finger to attract waiter*
"Yes Ma'am?" he asks.
Give me a long Island Iced Tea. The waiter walks away.
What I disagree with in the world is the government. They think they can control us when they're in the same situation as everyone else, not knowing where we came from or what's in store for us in the future, what the world should be like is that the citizen's decide what to do for themselves, build your own house, or have peolpe help you build it or do it for you. I mean look at jobs they force us to go to school so that they won't have to support us down the line, why can't it be like back then during the middle ages, you train with someone in your field to learn how to get you're occupation.
Eventhough I am a college professor and I am literally working for the government I stand by this.
Oh thank you my tea. *she takes a sip*
What do you think about this Arckacia?
 
Oh common, that's just your pessimistic point of view: noone is forced to go to school, and second.... you really think life in the middle ages was that much better? You don't even know it for sure how life was back than.

*sits down in the lounge seat, thinking that this supposed to be post in the serious debates section.... Naah, whatever.

*mmm, this hot-dog is actually pretty good!

*shouts towards the bartender: "Hey Paulie, good job!!!" :D
 
one more paper!! then i'm free!! YAY!!!

time 8:34 p.m. i am finally done with my paper YAY!! i'm done for the semester. woohoo!!! all drinks on me!!! :D
 
Last edited:
I'm sure you would like to live in the middle age Lyde Lyde...(it was sarcasm)
I'm pretty sure you'd love to be burnt accused like a witch in a witch hunt.
No more serious talk. Go to the Serious Discussions section! :p jk
 
Luis is right: this the one thread were you can be silly, not serious :D

"AHEM":

Knock Knock
Who's there?
Agatha!
Agatha who?
Agatha headache. Do you have an aspirin?

:D , see?........................i'll have a scotch on the rocks, btw :cool:
 
Brrr!! it's cold in the library. ummm i need something warm. i want a nice cup of hot green tea and a sugar cookie plz :D
 
the best silly sketch ever:

A customer enters a pet shop.

Mr. Praline: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(The owner does not respond.)

Mr. Praline: 'Ello, Miss?

Owner: What do you mean "miss"?

Mr. Praline: I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!

Owner: We're closin' for lunch.

Mr. Praline: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this parrot what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.

Owner: Oh yes, the, uh, the Norwegian Blue...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

Mr. Praline: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

Owner: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

Mr. Praline: Look, matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Owner: No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage!

Mr. Praline: The plumage don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

Owner: Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!

Mr. Praline: All right then, if he's restin', I'll wake him up! (shouting at the cage) 'Ello, Mister Polly Parrot! I've got a lovely fresh cuttle fish for you if you
show...

(owner hits the cage)

Owner: There, he moved!

Mr. Praline: No, he didn't, that was you hitting the cage!

Owner: I never!!

Mr. Praline: Yes, you did!

Owner: I never, never did anything...

Mr. Praline: (yelling and hitting the cage repeatedly) 'ELLO POLLY!!!!! Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!

(Takes parrot out of the cage and thumps its head on the counter. Throws it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)

Mr. Praline: Now that's what I call a dead parrot.

Owner: No, no.....No, 'e's stunned!

Mr. Praline: STUNNED?!?

Owner: Yeah! You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Norwegian Blues stun easily, major.

Mr. Praline: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That parrot is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf an hour
ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged squawk.

Owner: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for the fjords.

Mr. Praline: PININ' for the FJORDS?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did he fall flat on his back the moment I got 'im home?

Owner: The Norwegian Blue prefers keepin' on it's back! Remarkable bird, id'nit, squire? Lovely plumage!

Mr. Praline: Look, I took the liberty of examining that parrot when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its perch in the
first place was that it had been NAILED there.

(pause)

Owner: Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that bird down, it would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with its beak, and
VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

Mr. Praline: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this bird wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! 'E's bleedin' demised!

Owner: No no! 'E's pining!

Mr. Praline: 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e
rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the
bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

(pause)

Owner: Well, I'd better replace it, then. (he takes a quick peek behind the counter) Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh,
we're right out of parrots.

Mr. Praline: I see. I see, I get the picture.

Owner: I got a slug.

(pause)

Mr. Praline: Pray, does it talk?

Owner: Nnnnot really.

Mr. Praline: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?

Owner: N-no, I guess not. (gets ashamed, looks at his feet)

Mr. Praline: Well.

(pause)

Owner: (quietly) D'you.... d'you want to come back to my place?

Mr. Praline: (looks around) Yeah, all right, sure.

:D Monty Python for president! :D

*asks the bartender for a coconut. ......yeah, just one coconut!
 
monty python! i dont know much about it, but i do know its funny. that sketch sounds familirar...

i just played a rom of the ff4 advance, i need to buy it. (i am definitely buying it.) im alittle dissapointed, all the items in shops are cheaper...*sigh*...

still, i must buy this game! i wonder how zeromus looks in it....*looks at avatar*...nevermind... :D :p
 
Not a monty python fan?.....maybe to absurd...but that's just what's so great about it! :D

*asks the bartender if he can put some jazzy lounge music on.... Herbie Hancock? great :cool:

*sits down and eats the coconut :D
 
I'LL BUY THE BEER FOR ALL THE SWEET TALKERS IN THIS BAR!

*suddenly every guy rises from their seates running towards the bartender. The bartender, Paulie, is covered in beer, being to hasty :D
 
Luis said:
I'm sure you would like to live in the middle age Lyde Lyde...(it was sarcasm)
I'm pretty sure you'd love to be burnt accused like a witch in a witch hunt.
No more serious talk. Go to the Serious Discussions section! :p jk

Now now guys, play fair.

The opening post does say (I've chopped out the irrelevant parts)...

Arkacia said:
I've started this thread off as a virtual bar where you can post anything (within the rules of course), have a virtual drink of your choice and discuss whatever you like :D.

There is no set topic. You can discuss your day, have a rant, make announcements of important things in your life like passing exams ect, just say hello. Whatever floats your boat really :).

so if that subject floats Lyde Lyde's boat, then she is allowed to talk about it. The only subject I was trying to keep out of here (without success it seems) is FF talk ;) :).

Now I need something very cold. A big coca cola with plenty of ice should do the trick.
 
Lyde Lyde said:
Enough of the small talk, let's talk about what's real in the world.
I tried to reply it with my best intentions and the best humour sense I could have.
Anyway, I didn't mean to hurt anybody, and I hope I didn't... I wasn't serious when telling her to go to the Serious section..that's why I put 'jk' at the end of my post; and if my post bothered someone, it wasn't my intention. I hope you understand what I mean Arkacia.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
*sits at the bar, orders a big glass of Baileys on the rocks.
*asks if i can get a straw with that :D
*smells something pungent in the air..... ew, god, Paulie, your clothes still smell like beer :cool: , dude, go get a shower or something....

*wonders if it's true that if you mix tonic and baileys and you drink it, it becomes hard like a brick inside your stomach....
 
Luis said:
I tried to reply it with my best intentions and the best humour sense I could have.
Anyway, I didn't mean to hurt anybody, and I hope I didn't... I wasn't serious when telling her to go to the Serious section..that's why I put 'jk' at the end of my post; and if my post bothered someone, it wasn't my intention. I hope you understand what I mean Arkacia.

It's ok. The smilie at the end of my post should have conveyed that I was just reminding everyone of that, not kicking butts. If I thought you'd done something wrong believe me, you'd have been left in no doubt about it :D.

Anyway, about the tonic and baileys going hard in the stomach. I've never heard of that one before, but somehow I doubt it. Sounds a bit like the myth of the pop candy and soda to me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top