The final Final Fantasy

Zeon said:
i was thinking..........where is final fantasy gunna end? is it gunna continue forward into the future until we go to the shops buying FF54? or is it coming to a close soon...........? i hoped tht it would never end but sure enuf it will. when is uncertain why? hello FF54? i dont think so......... i mean say tht out loud. sound right to u?.........nope. so when do we think itll end ppl??? :eek:
On the Playstation Twelve. All FF characters join forces to fight all of the FF bosses in history, then they combine into an ultra boss, where they all combine the heros into a super hero. Yes, even Ultros.

Is what the Final Fantasy era will become of if they keep making them. It's a great thing it's lasted this long, and I hope for more to come. But eventually, they're going to HAVE to run out of ideas. I see it running for a very long time, but it's going to stop eventually.
 
Re: the end of an era......?

Staircase said:
Why you think Final fantasys would start being ridiculous after 20? I hope the series continues far past that. Just want your thoughts on that.

Because, well, it'd be over 20 additions to the series! That's quite a bit, at least for me (I don't know many forms of entertainment that have reached over 20 installments). Something along the lines of what darkshadow said (with subtitles) would be ideal.

Final Fantasy XXXVI: The Final Final Fantasy. We Promise. Just kidding. Haha.
 
Re: the end of an era......?

Zeromus_X said:
Because, well, it'd be over 20 additions to the series! That's quite a bit, at least for me (I don't know many forms of entertainment that have reached over 20 installments). Something along the lines of what darkshadow said (with subtitles) would be ideal.

Final Fantasy XXXVI: The Final Final Fantasy. We Promise. Just kidding. Haha.
Best. Title. Ever.

I do believe they'll make a LOT more, but they'll run out of spectacular ideas soon enough.
 
Re: the end of an era......?

Hydra said:
I do believe they'll make a LOT more, but they'll run out of spectacular ideas soon enough.

You sound pretty certain about that, but in fact, no one knows how things are going to end up to be. But, like I think I said before, if Square-Enix has the possibility to gain new writers and new ideas, for new upcoming generations of gamers: Then its popularity won't end soon enough.

And when looking at a series like Final Fantasy: it's also a certainty that looking back to the past in new games is also a bonus. Just a matter of combining factors to keep the gameseries exciting.

And for me, even though FFXII and FFXIII and the add-ons? look really nice and all, I can't really be bothered with new games in this serie. I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy in its whole, but not always to keep on buying and playing, just to keep up with the newest of newest. :p
 
I'm pretty certain.

Even with new writers and such, Final Fantasy has done it all before. In time, they'll have to combine two half assed ideas they had to make a whole one, just to make a successful game. Eventually, that won't work anymore. I didn't say it'd end anytime soon. But I'm 100% certain it IS going to end. They can't make new ideas forever. Besides, a few slip ups will change the view of everyone about Final Fantasy. They have a big responsibility on their hands, and they're going to drop it eventually.
 
In time Final Fantasy will stop being profitable. Hopefully that time isn't near.
I have to be honest FFXXXII will just look stupid though. XP
 
Hell, you never know. They might make spinoffs with different places that may be used in the next Final Fantasy game. In that case, it'll go on longer. But meh, only time can tell that sort of thing.
 
it's gonna have to come to some point when they run out of ideas.by the time we are dead they will probably still be making them.
 
Ide say square isnt dumb enough to actually put "Final Fantasy: XXVII". It just stops being catchy after 19. Im sure if they go above 20 they will (as Spiff said) take off the numbers. And i can see final fantasy going on for a very long time (as ive said before). But even if FF Does end soon, theres still great RPGs out there (Xenosaga, its an amazing RPG).
 
FF shall never end,well i hope not any ways ^.^
all the ffs that have came out were all fun games and no matter how easy of difficault they were,but im pretty sure Hydra is right so i'll go with his hypothesis.
 
IMO...they are close to the end - at least with putting Roman numerals as a suffix. Soon, they will write the titles like Crystal Chronicles.

Yes, FFC (100) would look sweet!

Otherwise, I think it's been said that all things, both good and bad have to come to an end - and sad that this will include this franchise. They've been making FF's since I started playing video games! That's a long friggin time!

If I had to take a guess, I'd say XIII COULD be the last with R.N., but probably SE will end it with XV.

Wish we could all discuss this in person - I'd imagine the conversation would be almost liquid.
 
ive got a good theory for what they should use for the "final final fantasy" they should use all the main characters for the best game they have brought out yet and use them in one ultimate game.
 
Its hard to say, I seem to remeber them saying they would definatly stop at 12 and yet here they are well on their way to finishing the story of FF13 (if they didn't already).
 
It'll end either when it stops making money(or it would make Square more money to make someother type of game) or on a nice even number like 20 on the aniversary on the first FF so as to go out with a bang. I just can't see anything above 29. I mean FFXXX(FF30) just looks repetative. FFXX has something cool about it though.
Square has to run out of new ideas for Final Fantasies sooner or later.




FFXX​
The FINAL Fantasy​
 
Tiny Bronco said:
I just can't see anything above 29. I mean FFXXX(FF30) just looks repetative. FFXX has something cool about it though.

Yeah, it doesn't look that great. They'll just have to put a "30" there just so no 1 get offended :p If it reaches that high, even though it would take a couple of years for it to reach there, I sure hope is does :D and FF XX does look kinda cool :)
 
On the collectors edition DVD that came with FFXII, at the end of the Final Fantasy History part it is said that the crystals will shine as long as their are still fans, or somthing along thoes lines. So we may see many. many more.
 
Staircase said:
On the collectors edition DVD that came with FFXII, at the end of the Final Fantasy History part it is said that the crystals will shine as long as their are still fans, or somthing along thoes lines. So we may see many. many more.

Let the crystal shine I say. I couldn't imagine a world without final fantasy.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top