The FINALS OF THE FINALS!!!

Relm or Shadow?

  • Shadow

    Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Relm

    Votes: 4 40.0%

  • Total voters
    10
  • Poll closed .
:D I've said it before, but i'll say it again:

kaocheer.gif
R E L M
kaocheer.gif
 
Urgh, pitting two of the more useless characters in FFVI against each other...

I'll go with Shadow, simply because I prefer his character design.
 
When you size up 'throw' against abilities like Blitz, Swordtech, tools, morph, rage and hell even dance, Shadow is pretty sub-par.
 
Throw is an underrated ability. I'm going with Shadow.
 
Excuse me, Throw, useless? Shadow useless? Maybe you need to buy more shuriken or something, throw is definitely not useless. (Or Shadow.) Relm may be one of the more not-so-useful characters, skill-wise. (And if you have the U.S. cartridge, you can screw up your game with sketch, but...) With the Cat Hood, Relm can have the third strongest magic in the game, next to Celes and Tina. (Which is really saying something.)

Anyway, Throw isn't useless. Shuriken are pennies, and you can get 99 of them when Shadow first joins you in Mash's scenario. Throw ignores defense, so it'll always do decent damage. Shadow has a very, very, monstrosly high evasion (or MBlock, whatever really decides evasion mechanically), and the added bonus of Interceptor to do extra damage while slipping out of harm's way. And with the Offering/Genji Glove relics, you can make him a savage beast.

Although I did find it ironic that Relm and Shadow were being pitted against eachother...:p
 
Shadow outlives his usefulness pretty quickly. By the time I was on the floating continent, he was causing more damage with fire 2, an ability that any character can learn, than he was with either Interceptor or any of his throwing weapons (except a few of the more powerful ones, in which I had about 2).

I would rather give the Offering to a characters like Locke, who can actually equip some decent swords like Atma Weapon or the Ragnarok.
 
Well, he's still not useless, far from that, although I can understand why someone would use another character instead of him. (Lock is great with the Valiant Knife!)

Fira is definitely not as good as Throwing, unless his magic is really high or something. Throw never ceases to be useful, although it's definitely not the best ability of characters.
 
Let's see:

Terra: Morph
Locke: Steal/Capture
Edgar: Tools
Sabin: Blitz
Celes: Runic
Setzer: Slot/GP Rain
Shadow: Throw
Cyan: SwordTech
Gau: Leap/Rage
Mog: Dance
Strago: Lore
Relm: Sketch/Control
Gogo: Mimic
Umaro: Rage/Blizzard

Well, Mimic is all in one :p, so that's my favorite. ^^
 
Yeah, and Gogo is pretty much every character in one...so, he just can't be useless. In fact, he'd probably be broken if only for the fact that he can't equip everything. :p
 
I prefer shadow over relm for attacking. Relms sketch ability is pretty useless for attacking but I like the fact that she can sometimes raise an enemies attack that strago can watch and learn for his blue magic.

Gau can do it too.
 
If I had to pick a VI character for a *Most-useless* award...I'd definitely have to go with Gau...although you can get some very good rages - it takes far too-long to leap out n get em.

Next would be:

- Umaro w/Rage/blizzard
- Celes with Runic
- Strago w/Lore

...I was never really one for Blue magic. :p
 
That was one of the most annoying things that square ever invented. The novelty of leap soon wears off. 255 rages to collect too.

The only really useless character is umaro followed by gau. I dont put gau in my party if its a boss battle.

If you wanna enhance your characters give em a merit award then your sorted then play a low level game til you have espers which grant massive bonuses at level up. Your characters will be gods more or less.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top