The game secrets

There is a second Ribbon to be found in the game, besides the one in the Temple of the Ancients (I didn't even know about it until very recently, have never got it myself yet, only read about it so far). It's somewhere in Gaea's Cliff, inside the caverns.

And there's a materia in the final dungeon that is behind a waterfall or something that is only very barely visible in the PSX version (it's a lot more apparent in the PC version).. I can't remember what it is, as I've never got it myself.. can only remember reading about it and seeing a screenshot of the location.

I think that's the only 2 things I've ever heard or read about that I have never got in the game personally. But I'll be sure to get them in my next time through, whenever that will be.
 
delete this post pls.. forgot I double posted
 
Last edited:
Hee hee, theres a lot more than just two ribbions, lol. If you morph the master Tonberry's in the Northern creater they give you a ribbion, so you can have as many ribbions as you like :D
 
That's not the point, HC. Morphing Tonberries is something almost everyone who is at least somewhat knowledgeable about FFVII knows about - the second Ribbon is something I had never even heard of until recently. He was asking for secrets in the game, and that's what it is.

Also, both Ribbons are missable items, that you can never get again if you miss them the first time - something very important to those want to get everything. I don't go out of my way to get everything in a game personally, but a lot of people do. Besides, there's the fact that if you do get that extra Ribbon, you'll have one less Tonberry to morph (which can be annoying unless you have Yuffie with the Conformer) :)
 
I never realy found either of them hard to find so I'm afraid I don't realy consider them to be secrets, I feel people are less likley to know about the tonberries but whatever.
 
Well, of course it's a subjective thing if something is a secret or not.. and my opinion is that far more ppl know about the morphed Ribbon thing. Hanging out on the FFVII section of the GameFAQs boards has lead me to think that. And I was right partly.. Wezzy asked for stuff he didn't know about, and I found one ;)
 
I made 2 screenshots of the location of the 2nd Ribbon for you. If you want to find it yourself, just ignore this post :)

You should walk right through the wall at the location shown here, the arrow points at where you pass through. There is a hidden passage that leads to a room with a chest with the Ribbon, as shown here.

After finding it, I'd say if you don't have a FAQ or already know of its location, it's basically only luck if you find it. You can't see the passage, most people would just take the path to the north like you should.. the only chance you have of finding it is if you by accident walk too close to the wall, because then you can see that there's something on the other side. I mean, you have to pass by there to get on with the game and I played this game 12+ times and never seen that hidden room. I guess most of those times I didn't really explore, and just walked along the path I always did, but still..
 
Last edited:
I would edit the above post, but I decided to make a new post for this instead because otherwise noone will see that something changed.. and the thread gets bumped in the process. Please forgive me :)

Anyway..

I've managed to get a PS screenshot of the location of the Magic Counter materia in the final dungeon.

http://hem.bredband.net/shadowheart/ff7-magic-counter-ps.jpg

As you can see, it's A LOT more difficult to spot in the PS version than the PC version. In fact, if you don't stop and look at the right spot, there's almost no way you will see it..
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
3,700
Messages
123,000
Members
758
Latest member
ithersam
Back
Top